PSC 2210 Scanner «Warming Up» (158 Views)
Top Student
RuiFMFerreira
Message 1 of 3 (158 Views)
Accepted Solution

PSC 2210 Scanner «Warming Up»

Hi.

Product: PSC 2210 All-in-One

Operating System: Windows 7 32bit

Error: «Warming Up» message when attemping to scan

No changes on setup or system.

It wasn't the first scan of the day.

When attemping to do this one scan, it just hung with that message.

Looking around I found a firmware update (HpAiOFWUpdate2_2.exe) that was supposed to fix the «Warming Up» issue.

Running it, I get the message: 'A connected and powered-on Hewlett-Packard all-in-one that would benefit from this firmware update was not detected'.

Since on Win7 the drivers come from WindowsUpdate, the all-in-one's original software was not used, and that was one of the requirements for the firmware update utility.

I no longer have the original CD, and it was older than Win7 so, it would probably be useless anyway.

Looking on, I found the installation wizard (hppiw.exe).

It confirmed that the drivers were installed and I asked it to test the scanner. It failed.

It also mentioned another tool, the 'HP Print and Scan Doctor' (HPPSdr.exe).

This one was able to detect the problem. It told me to unplug the power cord of the all-in-one, plug it in again, power it on and restart the computer.

After rebooting, the doctor was there waiting for me to continue. It did the test again, and again it failed.

End of story.

So, how can I update the firmware?

Is there another way?

Is there another solution?

Thank You in advance.

Rui Ferreira

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 2 of 3 (125 Views)

Re: PSC 2210 Scanner «Warming Up»

Hello there Rui,

Welcome to the Forums!:smileyhappy:

Sorry to hear about the problems you are having with scanning from your PSC 2210. I have checked for a firmware update and there is not one available for this unit as of current.

I would like to suggest trying this troubleshooting document and also to ensure you have the printer plugged in directly to the wall socket, avoid ALL power bars, surge protectors, battery backups, and extension cords. A direct connection may help out quite a bit.

A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or F...

If the troubleshooting does not help resolve your issue, I would then suggest calling HP's Technical Support to see about further options for you. If you are calling within North America, the number is 1-800-474-6836 and for all
other regions, click here: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

All the best! :smileyhappy:

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

Top Student
RuiFMFerreira
Message 3 of 3 (103 Views)

Re: PSC 2210 Scanner «Warming Up»

Hi again.

Thank you for your answer.

Although connecting directly to the wall socket seamed to solve the issue, I didn't throw a party right away, mainly because that would mean I had a bad electrical problem.

But, the next day, the 'Warming Up' message come up again, even with the machine directly connected to the wall socket.

Meanwhile, I tried to find other ways to bypass this issue and found one that has been working.

It goes like this:

Before attempting to use the scanner through the computer, I make a direct copy from the scanner to the printer without using the computer. It never complains and does the copying without need for warming up. After that, it does all the scanning I need because it's already warm.

I'm now going to 'Accept as Solution' so that others may try my workaround.

Regards,

Rui Ferreira

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation