12-13-2013 08:29 PM
I have an HP5500 Color LaserJet. This printer has no USB port. It has a parallel port and an ethernet port. I acquired the printer about a year ago at which time I downloaded the proper driver. Printing worked fine. Last month my hard drive crashed. Everything had to be rebuilt and programs reinstalled. In the process the printer driver for my HP5500 got dropped.
I am running Windows 7.
Where can I get the parallel port printer driver download for my HP5500 Color LaserJet to run with Windows 7?
12-13-2013 08:50 PM
For parallel connections in Windows 7, you can try the "Add a local printer" option using the updates.
You can also check out the 5500dn Printer Drivers page to see if one of the universal drivers will work.
Hope that helps,
*** If my reply was helpful, please click on the "Kudos Thumbs-Up" on the right, as a way to say "Thanks!".
If this reply also fixed your issue - please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so that others can find the same answer. ***
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS