Re: Parallel Port Printer Driver for HP 5500 Color LaserJet (247 Views)
Honor Student
MSGH
Message 1 of 2 (252 Views)

Parallel Port Printer Driver for HP 5500 Color LaserJet

I have an HP5500 Color LaserJet. This printer has no USB port. It has a parallel port and an ethernet port. I acquired the printer about a year ago at which time I downloaded the proper driver. Printing worked fine. Last month my hard drive crashed. Everything had to be rebuilt and programs reinstalled. In the process the printer driver for my HP5500 got dropped.

I am running Windows 7.

Where can I get the parallel port printer driver download for my HP5500 Color LaserJet to run with Windows 7?

PhD Student
Wally_R
Message 2 of 2 (247 Views)

Re: Parallel Port Printer Driver for HP 5500 Color LaserJet

Hi MSGH,

For parallel connections in Windows 7, you can try the "Add a local printer"  option using the updates.

You can also check out the 5500dn Printer Drivers page to see if one of the universal drivers will work.

Hope that helps,

Wally

*** If my reply was helpful, please click on the "Kudos Thumbs-Up" on the left, as a way to say "Thanks!".

If this reply also fixed your issue - please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so that others can find the same answer. ***
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation