02-26-2013 02:18 PM
I have a Photsmart All in One D110 and never had a problem until yesterday. Whenever I try to get into HP Solution Center I get a error:
Parsing error in file C:/Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqscloc\1033.xml
I downloaded and reinstalled the complete driver file and still have the problem. I have had this printer only a few years and use it only about 2-3 times per week. This has happened to other HP printers that I have owned. It seems that once they are a few years old, the problems start. hmmmmm
Thanks for any assistance.
This question was solved. View Solution.
02-27-2013 09:55 PM
Found the answer on my own. Just in case anyone else has this problem here is the solution.
From Original installation CD:
1. Insert CD into drive, and then cancel the installer
2. Open My Computer, and then right click on the CD drive and chose open
3. Open folder Util
4. Open folder CCC
5. Run the L4uninstall.exe
6. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer
7. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools
8. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player
9. Download the full feature software and drivers
10. Run the download to reinstall the printer
For #9 make sure you download the complete driver not basic.
I guess Kudo's to me!