Re: Photoshop CS4 and Officejet 8500 (325 Views)
Honor Student
zjrt02
Message 11 of 13 (714 Views)

Re: Photoshop CS4 and Officejet 8500

Happy to help.

Maybe HP can forward this info to Adobe?

Richard

Honor Student
eas423
Message 12 of 13 (621 Views)

MDrouin wrote:

You're right, I think !

zjrt02 wrote:

I ultimately completely uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers (XP Pro SP3) and THEN renamed the fax printer to something totally different and am able to fully utilize the 8500 in all modes.

My problems popped up only when printing from Photoshop CS4. Even when picking the correct printer in the dialog box it seemed like PS selected the fax version. The names were identical except the fax printer had extra stuff at the end. I SUSPECT PS ran the printer list and found all the characters of the target printer and stopped there, ignoring the fact there were more characters in the fax printer name.

I've rename "HP Officejet 6500 E709n Series fax" to "HP Officejet fax" and, TADAAAAM !!!, all works well.

I dont know if this is the best solution, then if another member find a better one, please come here to post it.

Good day to all and excuse my poor english, it's not my mother toungue, I'm a French Canadian from Province of Québec 

How did you do this (rename it)?  I only have "HP Officejet 6500 E709n Series" under Devices and Printers, a separate fax does not show up, but I have the same problem of Photoshop trying to print to the fax even though I have the printer selected. 

SLB Top Student
Top Student
SLB
Message 13 of 13 (325 Views)

I have Photoshop Element 8, Window 7, HP Officejet Pro 8500 A909g.

Have the same problem with PSEl8, shows fax and printer; printer is chosen, but comes up fax. How/where do I change the name of the fax to see if that will work for me.

I've sent in a case to Adobe on this. No reply as yet.

I installed latest HP from website but didn't get all features. But photoshop worked then because it only had printer listed, not fax. I uninstalled HP. Had to install latest full feature software/device from HP. And got the same problem all over again because PSEl8 showed both fax and printer.

Looks like a fax problem between HP and Photoshop interface. Hope just changing the name of the fax will do for me as well. But we shall see.

I assume PS El 8 works with 64bit. Can't find where that info is mentioned in system info. Maybe that's a problem too between HP and Photoshop. HP now works with 64bit since I installed latest software/devices. Dell Tech support told me to check all software programs to make sure they work with 64bit. Don't know where to look with PSEl8 besides system info, which shows video card driver with 64bit; but plugplug.dll shows plugplug standard dll as 32 bit.

This is a big mess that Adobe and HP better figure out.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation