Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I recently installed Safari and iTunes on my computer.  Now whenever Safari or iTunes starts via a backup

process for my iPad or just starting with the mouse all of the lights on my HP Photosmart 2610 all in one

start blinking and the following codes appears  "Error:0x887dd03a   1:??" . Restarting the printer with the

on button works sometime but most of the time I have to unplug to reset. My computer is a DELL XPS

Pentium 4- 2.8 GHz, 2.5 GB Ram, Windows XP Professional SP3, HP Director version 45.4.157.000. The printer is on a home network using a Verizon router with a Net Gear 10/100 model FS 108 switch. Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended
Try this..
Follow the steps below to perform a semi-full reset on your printer.

Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
Unplug the power cord from the all-in-one.
Wait 30 seconds and plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
Press the Cancel and Right Arrow buttons.
While still holding the buttons, plug the power cord back into the all-in-one. Continue to hold the buttons for two seconds, and then release them.
Use the On button to turn the power off and then back on again.
HP Recommended

If you still have the problem, I suggest checking the firewall solution suggested here. Worked brilliantly for me.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Install-Setup/Blinking-Lights-and-error-message-Erro...

HP Recommended

Here we are, a few years later, and I'm seeing the same error.

Pressing the "On" button gets it past the error, but it would be nice to have a real fix.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.