01-14-2014 08:27 PM
Alla sudden, this thing has decided it is disconnected. I have changed NOTHING on my PC. It is connected with a USB cable. Worked fine for the two months that I have owned it. Now it won't work. I am running Windows XP. I tried shutting down and restarting. Didn't help. Tried calling Customer Support but was told it is not under warranty. I am not happy with this printer! HP, are you listening?
01-15-2014 01:57 PM
You can check a few things.
1. If the printer is in offline mode, set it to online and retry [Go to Printers and Faxes, if your printer is gray, right click on your printer and click use printer online].
2. Replace the USB cable and retry.
3. Use a different USB slot and retry.
Also, here is a link to troubleshooting USB Connection issues that you can try:
I work for HP.
01-15-2014 05:43 PM
Appreciate the quick response and sorry to be so testy, but I am very frustrated iwth this printer. Today, it worked once -- printed one page -- then it stopped again and gave me the disconnected message. What is going on? Do I need to uninstall and reinstall?
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS