Question

Honor Student
JoyceK
Message 1 of 3 (89 Views)

Photosmart C309A Disconnected Error Message

Alla sudden, this thing has decided it is disconnected. I have changed NOTHING on my PC. It is connected with a USB cable. Worked fine for the two months that I have owned it. Now it won't work. I am running Windows XP.  I tried shutting down and restarting. Didn't help.  Tried calling Customer Support but was told it is not under warranty. I am not happy with this printer! HP, are you listening?

Tutor
tropicalfish
Message 2 of 3 (73 Views)

Re: Photosmart C309A Disconnected Error Message

You can check a few things.

1. If the printer is in offline mode, set it to online and retry  [Go to Printers and Faxes, if your printer is gray, right click on your printer and click use printer online].

2. Replace the USB cable and retry.

3. Use a different USB slot and retry.

Also, here is a link to troubleshooting USB Connection issues that you can try:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&dlc=en&docname=bph05956&lc=en&jumpid=reg_r1002_use...

I work for HP.

Honor Student
JoyceK
Message 3 of 3 (63 Views)

Re: Photosmart C309A Disconnected Error Message

Appreciate the quick response and sorry to be so testy, but I am very frustrated iwth this printer. Today, it worked once -- printed one page -- then it stopped again and gave me the disconnected message. What is going on? Do I need to uninstall and reinstall?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation