Re: Photosmart C309a CD/DVD Printing Software

It absolutely does not print dvds via a mac

It insists on telling me to close the dvd tray no matter what I do

I so bitterly regret buying this printer

Tutor
topjunsky
Message 42 of 65 (1,929 Views)

I gave up a long time ago.I use Sure Thing ,well worth the money and got nowhere with HP

Top Student
landorasue
Message 43 of 65 (1,859 Views)

Pham, how come you do not change the size to 5.12 x 5.12? Does the 4.625 x 4.625 just print a white border on your CD?

landorasue
Top Student
landorasue
Message 44 of 65 (1,845 Views)

I am SO glad I found this thread. Although I can print on CDs with Essentials 3.5, the selections for creating the label are so minimal, none really fit my needs. Plus I cannot select photos/graphics for the templates because Essentials always hangs up. Maybe I need to uninstall/reinstall.

I'm going to try Publisher, as suggested above. I only have the basic Roxio that came with my computer, and it does not offer many options. I have also created labels (printable directly on the CD) in Photoshop Elements 8.0. This works well, but I have to print from Windows 7 in order to get the image centered properly. I'm hoping I can print directly from Publusher when I try it.

Does MS Word work just as well as Publisher for creating CD labels?

ISSUE: I'm finding when I print on the CD, the HP C309a printer "remembers" the image. If I try to print on a 2nd CD right after printing on the 1st CD, the image from the 1st CD prints AGAIN on my 2nd CD. (Had to redo several CDs; what a waste.) What's up with that???? AND Essentials opens each time I try to print on a CD from any other program. I have to close it all out in order to continue the printing process. Then, after I click Print, I have to physically go over to my printer and press OK before anything will print.

Are you all just uninstalling Essentials?

landorasue
Honor Student
VBS6935
Message 45 of 65 (1,823 Views)

I am using the Discus labelling program from MagicMouse.com with my Mac and C309a and am not having any problems, and the MagicMouse support is excellent.

If you keep getting a message about closing the CD/DVD door, it is probably  because you have not chosen to print to a CD/DVD in the Print setup menu choice in the File menu.

Top Student
landorasue
Message 46 of 65 (1,810 Views)

VBS, thanks for you input. I've uninstalled the Essentials program and will just print using other software like Publisher or Word.

landorasue
Student
Barrerboy
Message 47 of 65 (1,779 Views)

After several hours of frustration found your reply about going to page setup in the file menu. Thnk you very much, all works like a charm.

Top Student
landorasue
Message 48 of 65 (1,769 Views)

Okay, I just tried printing CD/DVDs from Microsoft Publisher. Works fantastic! Just have to remember to select CD/DVD under paper type in your printer options. I'm assuming since this prints so well in Publisher, it will also print well from Word.

I started by using one of the Publisher CD/DVD basic templates, then edited for my needs (added picture place holders and text boxes).

landorasue
Honor Student
house606
Message 49 of 65 (1,742 Views)

need software program for the hp c309a  I trid ASureThing but I can get it to work

Honor Student
house606
Message 50 of 65 (1,742 Views)

I have the trial version.  Can get it to print to disk  just to paper.  HELP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation