Question

Top Student
nottonto
Message 1 of 4 (468 Views)

Photosmart C3180 on Windows 7, can't install drivers

Hi

I'm trying to install windows 7 drivers for my C3180 which was previously on XP.

I've downloaded the drivers but get a fault message.

"Runtime Error, the application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way"

has anyone had this problem ?

thanks for any advice

nottonto

HP Support Agent
Gemini02
Message 2 of 4 (429 Views)

Re: Photosmart C3180 on Windows 7, can't install drivers

Hi nottonto

I understand you are getting a run time error when trying to install the printer.

I have included a post from HP pcwizard for the solution to the error.

If you need more assistance just let me know.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
nottonto
Message 3 of 4 (409 Views)

Hi

thanks for your interest/help

I tried the solution you recomended but failed, I opened all folders which started with 7z, then the Util & CCC folders but there wasn't a L4uninstall.exe ( my laptop isn't a HP, it's a Medion Akoya E7214 )

I've downloaded & installed Adobe flashplayer, I downloaded the full software, A10_CDA_NonNet_Full_Win_WW_130_140.exe, when I tried to install it I get a message saying my PC can't find C:\users\Ronnie\AppData\local\temp\7zS1B34\setup\hpzpnp.ice_suffix.exe

I think all that's typed properly

I've looked in my PC's list of programs and there's no mention of HP.

have you anymore suggestions before I buy another printer ?

thanks  nottonto

HP Support Agent
Gemini02
Message 4 of 4 (389 Views)

Hi nottonto

This printer should have a L3 uninstall in that folder. Could you please look again and try the full steps.

One post stated that they copied the 7z directory to another folder on the desktop and closed out the installation. Renamed it to match the folder to what it was searching for and then ran the install from the copied folder and was successful.

Let me know if either one worked properly.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation