Question

Honor Student
mjniv
Message 1 of 8 (3,845 Views)

Photosmart C4780 Scan to PC

[ Edited ]

Software hangs up when attempting to scan to PC.  Using Windows Task Manager, have determined that the file hpqdstcp.exe continues to run without executing.  Using the Task Manager, the HP software will continue once the process hpqdstcp.exe is ended.  Have uninstalled and reinstalled the software numerous times both from the CD and from a downloaded file from HP.  So far, numerous attempts by HP support have been unsuccessful in resolving the problem.  Just a hunch but is it possible that the software program for registry repair that I use might be causing the problem. 

Grad Student
Gordon2
Message 2 of 8 (3,837 Views)

Re: Photosmart C4780 Scan to PC

What OS are you using?

Is the scanner connected via network? USB?

Do you get an error message when you try to scan?

Do you start the scan from HP Solution Center? Or do you start by pushing a button on the scanner?

Honor Student
mjniv
Message 3 of 8 (3,822 Views)

Gordon2,

To address your question:

USB Connection

No error message occurs - the software hangs up

I get an error message when installing software - have a copy of that error in a Word file but don't know if I can add an attachment to this reply? 

Software hang occurs both way - Solution Center and via button on scanner/printer

Thx

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 4 of 8 (3,814 Views)

Can you try disabling your firewall program and trying to scan again?

----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Honor Student
mjniv
Message 5 of 8 (3,801 Views)

Thanks Dexter but unfortunately that didn't work either.  Regards

Grad Student
Gordon2
Message 6 of 8 (3,800 Views)
Grad Student
Gordon2
Message 7 of 8 (3,752 Views)

mjniv wrote:

I get an error message when installing software - have a copy of that error in a Word file but don't know if I can add an attachment to this reply? 

Can you type in the text of the error message that occurs when installing the software?

Also, is this the [C4780 / XP] software you are trying to install? HP Photosmart Full Feature Software and Drivers

Student
dalson04
Message 8 of 8 (472 Views)

I start with pressing the button on the printer. but i do not know how to get it from the printer to my computer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation