04-18-2012 09:47 PM - edited 04-18-2012 09:52 PM
I have a Photosmart C5280 that has recently been giving me a message "Paper size or type is incorrect. Press OK to cancel job". The os is Windows XP. I've tried uninstalilng & reinstalling, get same message. It doesn't matter what I'm printing or what size...I get the same message. I didn't change any settings (that I know of) that would cause it to do this. Worked fine for several years, now this message. I can get it to print if I select "Fast Economical Printing". But if I leave it as "General, Everyday Printing" I get the message above.
04-18-2012 10:08 PM
The default paper size settings might have been changed for the General Everyday Settings. Try the document I linked below. It might be able to help you resolve the issue.
'Paper Mismatch,' or 'Paper Size Mismatch' Error Message Displays When Printing in Microsoft Word
Click the white Kudos star to say thanks
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS