Question

Honor Student
thuffman
Message 1 of 4 (439 Views)
Accepted Solution

Photosmart D110a Driver troubles

Hi all,

I have an HP Photosmart D110a. I ran into some trouble printing (always said it was searching for printer, never found) but I hadn't updated or changed anything, it just occurred out of the blue.

I deleted my drivers, thinking I could find them easily online. I no longer have the CD. I'm running OSX Mavericks. My printer shows it's connected to my wireless network, but when I try to add the printer under System Preferences -->Printers & Scanners --> +  it doesn't detect anything. There seems to be no driver software download available on the HP website, only instructions on how to download updates from the Software Update on Macs, which does me no good since it says there are none available.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Desperate over here.

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 2 of 4 (419 Views)

Re: Photosmart D110a Driver troubles

[ Edited ]

Hi thuffman,

I have worked with many others to help get the HP printers setup and working with Mavericks. You are correct, at the moment there is no full feature software and driver for the D110a, but you should with out a doubt be able to add the printer.

You stated when you try to add the printer "it doesn't detect anything", I would just like to clarify that. The computer doesn't detect the printer or the computer doesn't detect the driver?

If I understood correctly, I suspect the computer did not see the printer at all which means the computer may not be on the right network. You said you have confirmed that the printer is on the right network, have you verified the computers network? If the computer is on the right network maybe try turning the router, the Apple device, and the HP printer off.

Follow these steps to turn the router, Apple device, and the printer off.
  1. Unplug the routers power cable
    NOTE:Do not reset the router.
  2. Press the Power button to turn off the HP printer.
  3. Turn off the Apple device.

After one minute, plug the router back in, once it's back on, turn the printer on and wait until the wireless is solid, then turn on the computer. At this point you can try again to add the printer.

If the issue is that the computer see's the printer but not the driver try adding the Airprint driver instead of the HP driver.

Hope this helps. let me know if you would like further assistance.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, if you LIKE my post, or to say Thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
thuffman
Message 3 of 4 (402 Views)

Hi,

Thank you for your response. I should have clarified that point of 'not detecting anything': When I attempt to add the printer through Settings, Printers & Scanners, it showed that no devices are detected. When I attempted to click the plus sign to manually add a printer, no devices showed up there either.

I don't have a driver installed at all (I deleted what I had on my Mac in an attempt to start fresh with the printer...oops), but I can't seem to download one from the app store either. 

I tried your solution and it worked! I went to add my printer and although it didn’t appear, it showed as an option when I clicked the plus sign. It configured it self and I am good to go!

Thank you so much!

-thuffman

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 4 of 4 (379 Views)

Hi thuffman,

I am so glad we got it working again, happy printing. :smileyhappy:

If you ever have any questions you know where to find us. Come back to the HP Forums anytime, we're here to help.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, if you LIKE my post, or to say Thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation