08-10-2009 01:58 PM
Hi. I loaded the PE 3.5 which came with my new C4580 all-in-one wireless printer, (set up for which was a doddle, by the way - thanks, HP!).
I've wanted to organise my 20,000+ digital photos for some time now, and the tagging facility in PE 3.5 is exactly what I need. So, selecting (say) 200 photos with a common theme, I can create and apply a tag at the same time (great!). Now the problems start.... PE immediately consumes all my system resources for 20 minutes, preventing me from doing anything else on my (reasonably new) dual core 2GHz machine with 1Gb RAm running XP SP3, and frequently running out of virtual memory. So I go to make a coffee and when I return, the screensaver is running and PE has frequently crashed, although it always seems to have completed the tagging I asked it to do.
Is there any way to improve performance while tagging photos?
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS