Question

Honor Student
KenPharma
Message 1 of 4 (166 Views)

Photosmart Premium C410a

I have a HP Envy Laptop with windows 8.1 and need to software to be able to scan to pdf files on my Photosmart Premium C410a.  Does it exist?  If not, when will it be released? Are there any aftermarket products that will work?

I have the software for my old laptop which runs XP and would like the HP solutions software for Windows 8.1

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 4 (164 Views)

Re: Photosmart Premium C410a

Hi,

The following package will allow you to scan to PDF on Windows 8 and 8.1:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL34152/mp-109793-1/PS_AIO_07_C410_140_408.exe

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
KenPharma
Message 3 of 4 (148 Views)

Thank you BH.  I previously tried that software.  When I try to install it (click "Install") I get an error message that the system can't find te specified file.

The background is that I originally downloaded the wrong software.  I think it was for the C410e rather than C410a.  Then I uninstalled it.  After that I downloaded the file that you recommended and the software Install box pops up.  When I click Install I get the error message I mentioned above.

I contacted HP support (paid service).  They tried both an L3 and L4 uninstall because they thought I had a registry problem.  They were unsuccessful.

It seems like there is a conflict that occurred when I downloaded and then uninstalled the wrong software.

Any help is much appreciated.

BTW - I also have a laserjet 3050 and it appears that HP does not have the software/update for 8.1.  I can print but without the software can't scan to PDF on it either.

Thanks again

Provost
banhien
Message 4 of 4 (141 Views)

Hi,

Could be somehow Windows has stuffed this up. There are many alternatives such as this

pdf24.png

You can download this free software from the following link. You can use pdf24 to edit pdf files too.:

http://en.pdf24.org/pdf-editor.jsp

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation