Photosmart c309g-m drivers disappear in windows 7 (14332 Views)
Honor Student
rdgallo
Message 1 of 15 (14,332 Views)

Photosmart c309g-m drivers disappear in windows 7

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for this printer at least 10 times and each time after a short period, the computer no longer recognized the printer as the drivers no longer work.  I have it hooked via the usb connection.  I have contacted HP help numerous times and cannot find anyone there that has helped.  Have any of you experienced the same issue and how did you fix it?

Thanks!!

Master's Graduate
Comptronic
Message 2 of 15 (14,322 Views)

Re: Photosmart c309g-m drivers disappear in windows 7

Click here and give it a try. 

Hope this helps.

Honor Student
rdgallo
Message 3 of 15 (14,318 Views)

Thanks, Comptronic.  I will try this tomorrow.  I have already downloaded the driver software from the HP website, but did not disconnect the usb from the computer. I only disconnected it from the printer.  I will try with it disconnected from both.  After I downloaded the HP software, I was able to print, but in the devices and printers, it shows that the computer needs troubleshooting.  When I trouble shoot it, it says the driver for my printer is not downloaded even though I can print. I have had nothiing but trouble with this since I purchased it in January of this year.  I appreciate the info you have given me and will try it tomorrow and let you know if it works.

Thanks again!

Honor Student
rdgallo
Message 4 of 15 (14,310 Views)

I disconnect the usb cable from the computer and the printer.  I then uninstalled the driver software and reinstalled the new driver software hooking back up the usb cable when prompted to.  I also disabled Norton antivirus during the installation.  I have the same issue.  I can print, but the computer icon in "my control panel" tells me to troubleshoot.  Trouble shooting produces a message the the C309g-m drivers are not installed. I don't know where to go from here.  I believe HP has a problem with their software being compatible with Windows 7 but cannot prove it.  Again, I have not found anyone at HP that can help technically.  I guess I will just have to keep uninstalling and reinstalling the software to be able to print from my desktop.  It is ironic that my HP laptop can print to the printer without any problem. It initially had the same issue, but it somehow disappeared.

Student
KateinCali
Message 5 of 15 (14,115 Views)

It's not just Windows 7. I have had the same experience with 2 other computers that run Windows XP as well as with my brand new computer that is running Windows 7 (though it did set the record, taking less than a day to lose the configuration). I have already set the printer's IP address to a static one outside of my DHCP range on my router. HP, do you have anything to suggest besides spending countless hours reinstalling your software?

Top Student
ishvaaag
Message 6 of 15 (11,142 Views)

[ Edited ]

Frankly, let me vent my anger with this piece of hardware and software. The photosmart looks to me photostupid, after long long hours lost of my precious time. HP won't be winning any markets by subjugating everything to centralized sold printers control to awesome loss of funcionality, and this is what we have here. Asking to surrender your antivirus is another sign or the mark. A definitive bad move for HP, everyone that bought this printer will remember it as a pain ... there.

Yes, it not only fails in communication with Vista and Windows 7 pcs, it also fails to NORMALLY reinstall. What are those out of the industry requirementes to employ long hours for a mere installation or reinstallation of what should not be but a driver, and surrender defences {content removed}?

It has been an error that you never will forget.

Top Student
ishvaaag
Message 7 of 15 (11,123 Views)

[ Edited ]

{content removed} What the users that decided to buy you items need are not haughty feigned offended feelings, but proper working of what you sell. This item is so non functional as to become constantly unoperable, and nothing less than an industry wide recalling of the product, cartridges included, can make for the lost reputation of hp. This most surely your money loving bosses won't allow, but have no doubt that hp is not going to make any good on not doing so. One can't be a giant of an industry and behave like a rascal.

Top Student
ishvaaag
Message 8 of 15 (11,114 Views)

[ Edited ]

There's no sunshine in hiding the truth, only darkness. It is important that the people at hp becomes conscious of the extreme unhappiness and lost human ability their defective product has been causing. Were I the first one to comment on this printer in negative terms you could think me aloof; but even the earlier reviews of the product were inmediately aware of the vagaries of this item; at this time you have inflicted days of unhappiness on almost every user that came to confide in your hp brand, and the evidence of this is everywhere extant in the web. Such disappointment has become even bigger than the expectatives were. You have failed us, and not wanted to show any sign of understanding, but the contrary.

What do you think of some install piece unable to overwrite on reinstall after uninstall their own doings? What about the networks messed up? Is this everything we need to expect of once technically mighty hp? Where is your professional ability and liability, your pride of doing things well?

Top Student
ishvaaag
Message 9 of 15 (11,110 Views)

As a complimentary remark to the unreliability of the item, I have managed -after more than a day of dedication, and using entirely non-standard ways (as per the info in hp sites/cd)- to install the printer as a usb device [insisting on installing controllers for the device from the operating system], that would be enough to exact some work from the printer ... were not because it has then decided to correspond in kind to my appreciation of its making by chewing, as of now, a dozen of blank sheets from the tray, one after another. Just imagine. It seems the complete care is not needed from hp, but from us.

Top Student
ishvaaag
Message 10 of 15 (11,106 Views)

Jam was a duplexer thing. In the end, 8 to 10 hours of dedication to put afoot manually the printer in USB mode, what should have been in either usb/wifi mode a 20 mins affair. Very downwards of what anyone expects from hp

Thanks for your attention.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation