Question

Student
jeb69
Message 1 of 3 (103 Views)

Photosmart essentials

I am wondering if there is a way to obtain photosmart essentials for the photosmart 6520. I had photosmart essentials with a previous hp printer and didn't realize that this wasn't part of the new printers software. I actually have the software on another laptop but don't know if I can transfer it to my newer laptop and cannot find the disk for the older printer.

Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 2 of 3 (101 Views)

Re: Photosmart essentials

Hi Jeb,

Welcome to the HP Forum.

HP Photosmart Essentials has been replaced with HP Photo Creations

The new program has many of the features of the older software and it works on the newer Operating Systems, including Windows 8.1

Once you have the program installed, take some time to look around.  Its use is somewhat intuitive; it does help to take a 'walk about' in the software before you actually need to use it so you have an idea what it can do.  Smiling.

Click the Kudos Thumbs-Up to show you appreciate the help and time from our Experts.

Although I strive to reflect HP's best practices, I do not work for HP. 

Click Accept as Solution when the Answer is a good Fix or Workaround!

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Master's Graduate
RocketLife
Message 3 of 3 (87 Views)

Re: Photosmart essentials

Thanks, Dragon Fur.

Jeb, for more background on HP Photo Creations, please see the links below. Also let us know if you need help doing anything with the program, such as printing or editing photos.

Warmly,

RocketLife 

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
RocketLife, developer of HP Photo Creations
» Visit the HP Photo Creations Facebook page — news, tips, and inspiration
» See the HP Photo Creations video tours — cool tips in under 2 minutes
» Contact Customer Support — get answers from the experts
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation