Print Diagnostic Utility (26561 Views)
Honor Student
OldBlueEyes
Message 1 of 10 (26,561 Views)
Accepted Solution

Print Diagnostic Utility

Hello All

I have recently purchased an Officejet Pro L7380 which is connected to my PC via USB.

I am experiencing an intermittent but frequent problem where the print job is stuck in the print queue and will not print unless I restart the Officejet. It is very annoying because the Officejet takes an eternity to boot up.

I found a solution for this issue on the HP website and the recommended first step is to download and install the Print Diagnostic Utility.

However, I am unable to do this as the link to the download is dead.

Can I download the utility from anywhere else?

All replies greatly appreciated.

Honor Student
OldBlueEyes
Message 2 of 10 (26,521 Views)

Re: Print Diagnostic Utility

[ Edited ]

Hello

No help here so I tried a different forum and was given an alternative link to download the HP Print Diagnostic Utility:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericSoftwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&softwareitem=mp-5...

This one works if anyone else has been struggling to find it.

Edit by Katie_H (3/30/11): Fixing broken link

Top Student
jmilch
Message 3 of 10 (26,357 Views)

Top Student
jmilch
Message 4 of 10 (26,354 Views)

[ Edited ]

HP Search Article on:

Print Jobs are Stuck in the Print Queue and Will Not Print with a USB Connected Printer in Windows Vista

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02205477&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en

Top Student
jmilch
Message 5 of 10 (26,353 Views)

[ Edited ]

HP link that just worked:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&lang=en&softwareitem=mp-91788-1

Teacher
f2point8
Message 6 of 10 (22,415 Views)

[ Edited ]

4/26/2012 Update:

The HP Print Diagnostic Utility (aka "PDU") has been replaced by HP's next generation diagnostic tool, the HP Print and Scan Doctor.

All functionality previously available in the PDU and the HP Network Diagnostic Utility (aka "NDU") has been combined in one easy to use tool, the new HP Print and Scan Doctor.

Get the HP Print and Scan Doctor here: www.hp.com/go/tools

Be sure to let HP know how it goes with the new Print and Scan Doctor by taking the short survey you will receive when you are finished with the tool. 

Thanks, Kent G.

I work for Hewlett-Packard
LZ Top Student
Top Student
LZ
Message 7 of 10 (19,572 Views)

Why doesn't HP just FIX their drivers so that a Printer Diagnostic is not needed!  It is incredibly frustrating to have run a "diagnostic utility" and reboot my computer every time I want to cancel printing a document.

Re-booting, once again

Logan

Student
SteveC309A
Message 8 of 10 (11,864 Views)

Link is broken again!

Teacher
f2point8
Message 9 of 10 (11,860 Views)

[ Edited ]

Sorry for the inconvenience, Steve.

4/26/2012 update:

The HP Print Diagnostic Utility (aka "PDU") has been replaced by HP's next generation diagnostic tool, the HP Print and Scan Doctor.

All functionality previously available in the PDU and the HP Network Diagnostic Utility (aka "NDU") has been combined in one easy to use tool, the new HP Print and Scan Doctor.

Get the HP Print and Scan Doctor here: www.hp.com/go/tools

Be sure to let HP know how it goes with the new Print and Scan Doctor by taking the short survey you will receive when you are finished with the tool. 

KentG

I work for Hewlett-Packard
Student
Hüseyin
Message 10 of 10 (11,520 Views)

ii günler ben burdur çavdır hüseyin yorgunum ve benimde hp deskjet d1460 series bir yazıcım var ama diriyver yok nasıl bulcam

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation