Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I'm currently looking for multiple HP printers. However, all the printers have the search windows update for the driver. I do not wish to do this as i'm deploying a print server that will have drivers for Windows xp 32 and 64 bit, windows 7 32 and 64 bit windows 8.1 64 bit windows 2003 and 2012 R2 64 bit of course. Windows update drivers won't work for this situation. Can someone point me to a location where I can acquire the seperate drivers by hand?

HP 1320

HP 2550

HP P1505N

HP M551DN

HP P3015

HP P2055DN

HP P2015

HP COLOR 26600N

HP P1505

HP CM2320N

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try following the steps below, these steps guide you to download the Windows Update drivers from the Windows Update Catalog, which can be extracted and deployed on your print server.

Be aware that you will need several packages for the different printers and the deiffrent operating systems, be sure to follow the instruction within Microsoft Knowledge Base article 323166 to extract and install the drivers:

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/kb/docDisplay/?spf_p.tpst=kbDocDispl...

Hope that may help,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi Bigjakk,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! 🙂 I see you are interested in the downloadable drivers for the following HP Products:

HP 1320

HP 2550

HP P1505N

HP M551DN

HP P3015

HP P2055DN

HP P2015

HP COLOR 26600N

HP P1505

HP CM2320N

I would like you to click on the link below and enter the product numbers for each one you are interested in:

Drivers & Software

I hope this helps!

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

The issue was that I had already attempted this however for some of the drivers it doesn't include a download only that you can get it from windows update. However this wont work for  print server.

HP Recommended

Bigjakk,

If you are only given the option to install using the Windows Updates, then there were no full feature software and drivers made available for the HP product. With the newer Operating systems, using the Windows Updates is the only way to install the basic drivers.

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Would you be able to give the address and location of the drivers on your public ftp site?

HP Recommended

Bigjakk,

The link that I gave you is the only site I have access to for the software and driver downloads. 🙂

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi,

Try following the steps below, these steps guide you to download the Windows Update drivers from the Windows Update Catalog, which can be extracted and deployed on your print server.

Be aware that you will need several packages for the different printers and the deiffrent operating systems, be sure to follow the instruction within Microsoft Knowledge Base article 323166 to extract and install the drivers:

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/kb/docDisplay/?spf_p.tpst=kbDocDispl...

Hope that may help,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.