Question

Honor Student
urbantech
Message 1 of 17 (1,134 Views)

Printer/Driver Properties blank when in Office 2013 c309a

Having an issue with a clean install of Windows 8 Pro 64-bit with Office 2013.

Everytime I goto print in any office program and want to adjust the print settings the print properties are blank or have some funky asian characters in there.

It is a single language system.

hp-1.jpg

The odd thing is when in other programs I have no issue opening the printer settings/properties, as pictured below.

hp-2.jpg

Any help would be greatly apriciated.

Cheers,

Matt

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 2 of 17 (1,113 Views)

Re: Printer/Driver Properties blank when in Office 2013 c309a

Hey Matt,

I see you are having an issue with the display language of the printer driver in Microsoft Office 2013.  This could be one of a couples issues.  The display language for the Office Suite could be set to an incorrect language or is pulling the wrong language.  To check this follow the steps below:

• Open Word 2013
  • Get to the window you have screenshot
  • Click the Options button
  • Select the Lanuage option out of the list on the left
  • Check that the default language is English and the Display/Default are set for English as well

If this is the case and does not address the issue, then it may be one of capatibility between drivers.  I would advise in this case to try using an alternate driver such as the Generic Photosmart PCL3 driver found in the Windows Update.  For information on using an alternate driver in Windows 8 please click here.

Let me know if this is able to help fix your issue in Word 2013,

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
Student
plada
Message 3 of 17 (968 Views)

Having the same problem with Office 2013 and HP Officejet Pro 8000 wireless (driver and software downloaded from HP site for Windows 8 64) , which I recently connected to the new computer with Windows 8. Blank properties in Office 2013 with Asian characters (different type of Asian  if I change the default language), but works in all other applications and settings without problems. I tried your suggestions about the language settings and alternative drivers, but to no avail.

Would really appreciate any help.

Davor

Tutor
rmcrys
Message 4 of 17 (875 Views)

Hi guys,

I have an Officejet 4500 (Ethernet) and I have exactly the same problem! Everytime I try to print on Office 2013 + Win 8 64-bit, the Printer window comes with strange "Asiatic" symbols, and not the original language (Portuguese or English, I tried both). (Note: my father has exactly the same printer I have and he already had some problems also on Win 7 + Office 2010, then I deleted all HP drivers, installed again and it solved the problem)

I already tried the menus you people talk about but in my model I do not have such options. I already installed everything again and again...and always the same problem! With another printer from another company I have no problems with the drivers on Office, so it must be from HP Drivers that do not get along with Office 2013!!! Please update them fast!

Image1.jpg

HP Support Agent
SuperMario1
Message 5 of 17 (852 Views)

Hello rmcrys. I understand you are having issues with Microsoft Word 2013 and Windows 8. All the supported troubleshooting I can provide is to uninstall and reinstall the printer drivers, properly, before anything else is done.

Here is a document on how to uninstall a printer: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c02259020

Here is a document on how to reinstall a printer: http://www8.hp.com/ca/en/support-topics/printer-installation/install-download-printer-drivers.html

Please respond as soon as you complete the troubleshooting, so I know your results. I'm only here to help!

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" next to it to say “Thanks” for helping!

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
Tutor
rmcrys
Message 6 of 17 (848 Views)

Hi Mario, as I said "I already installed everything again and again..", deleting everything and installing again. Note that the first time it as a clean windows 8.1 + office 2013 Installation,with the latest HP drivers, so the best case scenario. And nevertheless the same result: under office the HP print window doesn't show correctly. Tried on my girlfriend's PC (oder brand,identical Windows) and also the same issue. On our windows 7 + office 2010 I have no issues.
HP Support Agent
SuperMario1
Message 7 of 17 (838 Views)

Thank you for your exemplary response. I now know you are having similar issues on two different computers, using two different operating systems and two different programs. Please test to see if the hardware is functioning correctly by printing a test page from the printer. Please reference the manual if you do not know how to perform this task: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01659847.pdf

Also, I need you to try printing using a different connection type. For example, if you tried printing wireless, try USB instead. This way, it will determine if it is a software or connection issue.

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
Tutor
rmcrys
Message 8 of 17 (824 Views)

Supermario1:

1) I have *no* issues on the printed material. Printed material is fine

2) I have 3 computers. On 2 different computers (brands and hardware) with Windows 8 + Office 2013 (both installed from both brands), *only* on Office 2013 (full updated, Win 8 aswell and HP drivers also) when you press Ctrl + P and then go to the Printer Settings from HP you get the HP screen (with paper size, B&W/Color, etc) with Asian symbols and empty fields. On other programs (AFAIK) everthing is fine.

3) On the Windows 7 + Office 2010 computer I have no problems whatsoever.

NOTE: HP OfficeJet 4500 prints fine, print-outs are perfect, hardware (both USB/RJ45/WIFI) and everything on Windows 7/Office 2010 works good. What DOESN´T work well is under WINDOWS 8 + OFFICE 2013 combination.

HP Support Agent
SuperMario1
Message 9 of 17 (818 Views)

Thanks for the information. I would like to completely rule out Microsoft Office 2013 as a source of error, before we do anything else. I would like you to uninstall and reinstall Office 2013, and see if the issue reoccurs.

Mario

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
Tutor
rmcrys
Message 10 of 17 (814 Views)

Sorry Supermario, I do not believe 2 different (new) computers (and lots of others here on the forum with the same problem as I) have corrupt Office 2013 installations...

There is an error, and I believe the error has to do with HP drivers, because other printers (EPSON, CANON) are working perfectly under Office 2013

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation