06-25-2014 12:28 PM
I upgraded my PC few days ago and I found I could'nt print any more. Because I cantnot print using my P1006.
It couldn't set as a depault printer.
Please, upgrade your p1006 drivers, too.
06-26-2014 01:04 PM - edited 06-26-2014 01:04 PM
Welcome to the HP Forums!
I understand you're unable to set as default using the Laserjet P1006. I will do my best to assist you! I would recommend uninstalling the software since you're receiving this type of error message. Please follow this entire HP document on Uninstalling the Printer Software. Make sure you remove this printer is Devices and Printers. Remove the USB cord out of the computer at this point.
Next, please perform a clean boot on your computer by following this Microsoft document here. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program.
Once this is complete, download the full feature software from the HP website here. Choose your correct operating system; Either 32 bit or 64 bit.
Please post your results, as I will be looking forward to hearing from you. Have a great day!
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS