Question

Student
skyblue7777
Message 1 of 2 (59 Views)

Printer P1006 coul't set as a Depault Printer, after Upgrade Win 8.1

I upgraded my PC few days ago and I found I could'nt print any more. Because I cantnot print using  my P1006.

It couldn't set as a depault printer.

Please, upgrade your p1006 drivers, too.

Thanks.

HP Support Agent
Cheetah12
Message 2 of 2 (39 Views)

Re: Printer P1006 coul't set as a Depault Printer, after Upgrade Win 8.1

[ Edited ]

Hello skyblue7777,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand you're unable to set as default using the Laserjet P1006. I will do my best to assist you! I would recommend uninstalling the software since you're receiving this type of error message. Please follow this entire HP document on Uninstalling the Printer Software. Make sure you remove this printer is Devices and Printers. Remove the USB cord out of the computer at this point.

Next, please perform a clean boot on your computer by following this Microsoft document here. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program.

Once this is complete, download the full feature software from the HP website here. Choose your correct operating system; Either 32 bit or 64 bit.

Please post your results, as I will be looking forward to hearing from you. Have a great day! :smileyhappy:

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

Cheetah12
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation