Question

Tutor
aronnie
Message 1 of 4 (6,163 Views)

Printer disconnected

[ Edited ]

In my HP Digital Imaging Monitor it says HP Officejet j6450 series ( copy 1) is disconnected, I can print wirelessly to the printer with the HP Officejet j6450 series printer icon and this is my default printer.

I had two printer icons HP Officejet j6450 series (copy1) and fax (copy1) I deleted these two printers, my question is how do I change  the (copy1) printer in HP Digital Imaging Monitor to my default printer.

Thank you

In solution center there is a printer settings button but when I click it doesn't do anything,I about fed up with this thing and it's going back in the box and took back to sams club for a refund.

Message Edited by aronnie on 01-16-2009 04:34 PM
Message Edited by aronnie on 01-16-2009 05:31 PM
Tutor
robwhitener
Message 2 of 4 (6,130 Views)

Re: Printer disconnected

On my laptop, if I've traveled, the network attached printers all show as offline.  It's not a big deal.  Just go into your printer settings, gnd uncheck the use printer online option.  It's actually a good protective measure, as it should save some cpu cycles looking for the printer if it's not there.

Tutor
aronnie
Message 3 of 4 (6,124 Views)

Been playing with this thing all day and finally found out i have to have a usb cable connected for the printer to be connected to that printer driver, i thought all these functions could be done wirelessly, but i guess the only thing i can do wireless is print.

Now i have run into something else, product not configured for network this is going to be another can of worms trying to figure this out where does it end with setting up this printer?

Honor Student
terrisampson
Message 4 of 4 (178 Views)

I have had the print monitor running via a wired ethernet connection to my router, and a completely wireless connection using an AP Bridge connected to the printer's ethernet port.  I had a fully-functioning monitor that I could do scans with and all the other functions.

But having put my computer to sleep one night and shut the printer off, the next day I was still able to print to it wirelessly, but my nice HP panel won't open and says my printer is not installed and is not connected.  It tells me to reinstall my printer software.

Not making any sense.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation