Problem with HP Officejet Pro 8500 printer: cleans printheads every time it's turned on (70346 Views)
Tutor
fiosron
Message 41 of 100 (6,686 Views)

Re: Problem with HP Officejet Pro 8500 printer: cleans printheads every time it's turned on

[ Edited ]

Sadly, HP will only do something of reasonable compensation {Content Removed: legal discussion}.  {Content Removed: legal discussion}, and do very little to help those struggling with the printers.  All 3 of my 8500 printers have failed in some way.  None of them have been used very hard. 
{Content Removed: legal discussion}  HOWEVER, the reason companies get away with selling garbage and not making it right, is because most people will stop trying when it actually becomes work.

Top Student
tgreen47
Message 42 of 100 (6,670 Views)

Re: Problem with HP Officejet Pro 8500 printer: cleans printheads every time it's turned on

Well luckily I did find a way to offset my printing costs with this crap printer, after 2 sets of print heads and numerous printer cartridges. I converted the ink system to continuous ink system. Now I don’t need HP for anything. Since there support sucks and can never solve or fix the problems. At least I won’t have to buy cartridges anymore. For a less than $100. ( Just be careful which one you get! The first one cause all kinds of problems!) And it works great without any problems other than once a while the message comes up that says that the cartridge is counterfeit and all I have to do is hit continue. At least I won’t be replacing print heads and cartridges both and my ink cost is down to almost nothing this way. The prints look good, clean and crisp. I set my hp software not to take anymore updates and don’t even check for them anymore so just in case they send out an update to change the process……So good luck guys keep the printer and get rid of the cartridges! At least I’ll get my money out of the printer without having to get another printer and spend more money on this junk……Happy Trails!!!

Honor Student
whiteyp
Message 43 of 100 (6,666 Views)

Can you please provide some detail as to what you purchased when you state "continous"?  Do you have a brand name or model #?

Top Student
tgreen47
Message 44 of 100 (6,658 Views)

whiteyp wrote:

Can you please provide some detail as to what you purchased when you state "continous"?  Do you have a brand name or model #?

If you want to send me a PM I'll be happy to give you the info. I'm sure HP will delete it if I post it.

Student
OrchidLady
Message 45 of 100 (6,605 Views)

Not only does my printer checks printer, cleans printheads it also tell me to check printer carriage access door and clear jam.  THERE IS NO JAM!!!  I cannot get out of this cycle.  It never clears....  ggrrrrr

Tutor
fiosron
Message 46 of 100 (6,593 Views)

GREAT IDEA, Buy your INK from Costco or Sam's Club. Here's WHY:

[ Edited ]

I purchased my Hp 8500 printers at Costco, and Sam's Club.  I also buy the ink there. 
Both companies have a 100% INDEFINITE return policy on products purchased there.  If the inks don't last as long as they are supposed to, simply return them with your receipt, and get your money back.  Then buy another set.  If they don't last, do the same thing unitl you feel you've gained at least the promised page count in print output.

COSTCO and SAM'S will NOT be hurt by this. 
Read on:
At the very least, you will get the "mileage" HP promises, by virtue of the return policies of these stores.  Costco and Sam's Club have a return agreement with most of their vendors.  Product comes back and they are reimbursed for them.  This might help HP understand just how bad this problem is when copious amounts of cartridges come back. 

When you replace the INK, print out your print mileage (current page count).  Keep that page with your Ink packaging and receipt.  When your printer reports the need to replace ink, then print your mileage again.  If your count isn't what was promised, take the cartridges out, and return them to the store.  Actually, you don't need to print the mileage, but if it makes you feel more confident, you will have it when explaining why you are doing the return.
Im my experience, I've NEVER gotten close to the rated pages promised, and I only print letters, except for the rare occasion of printing graphics.  The most pages I've printed with one set of cartridges is about 200.  Not even close to the promised number.

Student
berg444
Message 47 of 100 (6,215 Views)

[ Edited ]

"I downloaded and installed the new firmware update (# LRP1FN1107AR).   My printer now does not go through "checking  printer" and "cleaning printheads" everytime I turn it on.  Now it is up and ready to print in 30 seconds rather than the 2 minutes it initially took."

Great :smileyhappy: somebody find the solution!

But is this  firmware still availably?

I can't find it. :smileysad:

Somebody can help me with the answer?

I have the newest update LRP1fn1126AR same problem with cleaning printheads.

P.S. I just find the download but it iseems to be for HP officejet pro 8500 A910gn

Installation doesn't work yet.

I have HP officejet pro 8500 A910A

http://ftpsek.com/browser/ftp3.hp.com/ftp2/pub/networking/software/pfirmware/

Honor Student
shirleythorpe
Message 48 of 100 (5,198 Views)

office jet 8500 cleans and alinges everytime it's turned on,  copies anr all pink and it has used all the magenta ink,  just replace all the ink about two weeks ago.  Do the print heads need to be replaced?

Student
DiegoM
Message 49 of 100 (4,864 Views)

Just leave it on all the time. It works much better. The original cartridges that comes with the printer are half empty on purpose, but by leaving it on all the time I printed almost 800 pages before replacing for the XL ones.

Diego.

Student
Frustrated1958
Message 50 of 100 (4,814 Views)

I have the same problem with the Officejet Pro 8500. it is really frustrated when you try to print quickly something and have to wait 2-3 minutes before that thing is ready and do what it suposed to do. i can't imagine that HP had not responded to all the complaints and frustration from the people who had posted this issue. i have tired to upgrade the FW mentione on page 2 of this post but no luck. I had more trust in HP in the past then now, this is something that should have been re-called and fixed years ago for a printer company with such a name.  the printers are not that expensive anymore they just eat you at buying ink, is that what they want at HP?

I'll think to start buying a Brother or Canon printer, this P.O.S. has frustrated me to no end. And i had several HP printers this is not the 1st one that failed after a short period of time with prints that has streaks and lines on it but i could live with it until now.  A very frustrated user......

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation