03-03-2014 09:22 PM
I've had a problem and tried to uninstall the whole software package before rerunning the
installer. There is nothing left in control panel add/remove programs (Windows XP).
There is a HP program item which has the following:
HP > Photosmart D110 series>
add a device
USB to wireless
The above "uninstall" does not work, tells me some files are missing.
I tried running the 140MB installer, but it also fails. The window opens, I click install,
it tells me it's checking for updates, and then the window disappears - no longer running.
I'm stuck - I can't fully uninstall or reinstall. Here's are some HP logs created during the install,
hopefully, they can be used to solve the problem. Thanks for any info.
03-04-2014 05:06 PM
It fails right at the beginning. It says, "checking for updates", "applying updates",
the dialog disappears, and it's no longer running.
I found out if I disable the internet connection first, it gets past this bit and continues...
Something is broken.
04-30-2014 05:50 PM
I'm having the same problem trying to install drivers on a new 8.1 HP. Absolutely no help from HP. I suspect they have a 8.1 bug and aren't admitting it, kinda like the automakers denying there's a problem.
05-01-2014 09:42 AM
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS