Question

Intern
davexnet
Message 1 of 4 (126 Views)

Problems with HP D110 software

HI all,

I've had a problem and tried to uninstall the whole software package before rerunning the

installer.  There is nothing left in control panel add/remove programs (Windows XP).  

There is a HP program item which has the following:

HP > Photosmart D110 series>

add a device

Help

Product registration

readme

uninstall

USB to wireless

The above "uninstall" does not work, tells me some files are missing.

I tried running the 140MB installer, but it also fails.  The window opens, I click install,

it tells me it's checking for updates, and then the window disappears - no longer running.

I'm stuck - I can't fully uninstall or reinstall.  Here's are some HP logs created during the install,

hopefully, they can be used to solve the problem.  Thanks for any info.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/83y66bbgwhkj1f9/hp.zip

Intern
davexnet
Message 2 of 4 (106 Views)

Re: Problems with HP D110 software

It fails right at the beginning.  It says, "checking for updates", "applying updates",

the dialog disappears, and it's no longer running.

I found out if I disable the internet connection first, it gets past this bit and continues...

Something is broken.

hp-error.JPG

Top Student
bhlass
Message 3 of 4 (63 Views)

I'm having the same problem trying to install drivers on a new 8.1 HP.   Absolutely no help from HP.  I suspect they have a 8.1 bug and aren't admitting it, kinda like the automakers denying there's a problem.

Intern
davexnet
Message 4 of 4 (52 Views)

What I did in the end is this. Download the big driver/apps package (140MB in my case) Disconnect the PC from the internet. Run the installer and choose to uninstall all. Reboot when done. Leave the PC disconnected from the 'net and start the installer . Choose custom and deselect everything unnecessary for your needs. I avoided HP update, I found it problematic. Hope this helps.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation