02-15-2014 11:17 AM
You folks seem to have made a real effort to get your printer drivers out there to all. I applaud you. Enlightened self-interest.
It is now 2014.
You offer me drivers for my new Color Laserjet printer. Red Hat offers me drivers for HP printers. The two files are incompatible. You guys are huge in printers and Red Hat is huge in Linux. When poor schleps like me are drop $300 on a new printer and I can't get it running, I get pissed at both companies. Fairly or unfairly.
Maybe someone at HP, preferably with a RHEL 6 computer OS, could fix this situation. If this is squarely in Red Hat's camp, then send them some hate mail.
I had hoped we were past the era when you needed to look at your computer to see which printer it supports and then go out printer shopping.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS