Question

Intern
DocumentRunr
Message 1 of 1 (166 Views)

Response to Survey question re: Product Support and Forums

I've had several problems with our LaserJet 3050 printer software/drivers, which I and others on the Forums have continued to try to get information re: updates.

1) Scans are too light because the default B&W scanning threshold in the TWAIN software is set wrong and there's no way to retain a new setting for the next scan(s).

2) The Scan Diagnostic Utility does not "see" the machine. I know it's connected because I can print and the Print Diagnostic Utility reads OK.

3) The Hardware Diagnostic Utility fails in the same manner.

4) We purchased the machine in 3/2007 and the last significant update for the machine was in 6/2007, ONLY 3 MONTHS after we purchased it. Could you (HP) just post an adaptation of the software/drivers that are on some of the other machines? How about the Smart Document Scan software or the software/drivers for the m1319f MFP? Microsoft supports Windows through updates for 7+ years. Should we not expect that updates and patches be provided for HP products in the same manner??

I don't expect the machine to be the fastest in the world. In a SOHO setting what is needed is that it just work how it's supposed to.

Our system setup is very standard, and is as follows:

LaserJet 3050 MFP

dv8408us pavilion laptop

Vista 32 OS

AVG free antivirus & MalwareBytes protection

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation