08-18-2011 06:58 PM
I've had several problems with our LaserJet 3050 printer software/drivers, which I and others on the Forums have continued to try to get information re: updates.
1) Scans are too light because the default B&W scanning threshold in the TWAIN software is set wrong and there's no way to retain a new setting for the next scan(s).
2) The Scan Diagnostic Utility does not "see" the machine. I know it's connected because I can print and the Print Diagnostic Utility reads OK.
3) The Hardware Diagnostic Utility fails in the same manner.
4) We purchased the machine in 3/2007 and the last significant update for the machine was in 6/2007, ONLY 3 MONTHS after we purchased it. Could you (HP) just post an adaptation of the software/drivers that are on some of the other machines? How about the Smart Document Scan software or the software/drivers for the m1319f MFP? Microsoft supports Windows through updates for 7+ years. Should we not expect that updates and patches be provided for HP products in the same manner??
I don't expect the machine to be the fastest in the world. In a SOHO setting what is needed is that it just work how it's supposed to.
Our system setup is very standard, and is as follows:
LaserJet 3050 MFP
dv8408us pavilion laptop
Vista 32 OS
AVG free antivirus & MalwareBytes protection
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS