Question

Honor Student
go-bo
Message 1 of 5 (98 Views)

Runtime error on deskjetF4435

[ Edited ]

Problem:  unable to scan (lights blink); printing is OK

when installing the solution centre software (by original CD and via HP site) i get the following error message:

run file:  runtime error users\a\appdata\local\temp\7zS059B\set-up.exe app has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way.  Contact support team

I have gone through solutions 1-4. 

I have tried to uninstall but cannot find the HP printer program (have checked all files in my computer folder)

I am using Vista 64-bit

Intern
RobertBaratheon
Message 2 of 5 (67 Views)

Re: Runtime error on deskjetF4435

Hi go-bo,

Can you try to uninstall the program using the control panel?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uninstall-change-program#uninstall-change-program=windows...

Then try to install the basic drivers for deskjetF4435.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software11/COL27512/al-68531-4/DJ_AIO_05_F4400_NonNet_Basic_Win_enu_14...

Please let me know if this helps you. Thank you!

If my answer was helpful please click on the “Thumbs up “ button on the left to say Thanks.
Accept as Solution if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Honor Student
go-bo
Message 3 of 5 (54 Views)

Hello Robert,

I tried uninstalling as per your link but the HP progam didn't show up in the list so I couldn't complete the uninstall.

I tried to install the basic drivers as per link anyways and i got the following:

Runtime error

Program c\users\a\appdata\local\temp 7zS5B10\set-up.exe

this application has requested the runtime to terminate......

I also tried installing basic drivers from the website and got the same runtime error only the temp reference changed to:  7zS0465

I had a new hard drive put in a few months ago - I was told it's not a hard drive issue - do you think it is?  if it is the hard drive, why am I not having problems with printing and copy function? 

Intern
RobertBaratheon
Message 4 of 5 (48 Views)

Hi go-bo,

I think at this point it is best that you contact  HP Tech Support to resolve this particular issue.

Because it may require you to clean up existing HP drivers/software and then re-installing them.

It could also be due to some missing files on your operating system. But as I agree with you that it is probably not your hard-drive.

I am sorry I could not successfully resolve your issue via this forum.

HP Tech Support: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/hpsupport.html

If my answer was helpful please click on the “Thumbs up “ button on the left to say Thanks.
Accept as Solution if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Honor Student
go-bo
Message 5 of 5 (38 Views)

Thank you Robert.  Not the response I want to hear but I appreciate your efforts.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation