Question

Student
btayl1
Message 1 of 7 (1,732 Views)

Runtime error

Am receiving an error when starting the HP Solution Center.  It reads "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way."  The Solution Center then terminates.   Have tried removing and re-installing Solution Center but no help.  Have a J6480 printer and use Windows 7. Any suggestions?

Honor Student
wesstevens
Message 2 of 7 (1,688 Views)

Re: Runtime error

Same here, do we have to reinstall it?

btayl1 wrote:

Am receiving an error when starting the HP Solution Center.  It reads "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way."  The Solution Center then terminates.   Have tried removing and re-installing Solution Center but no help.  Have a J6480 printer and use Windows 7. Any suggestions?

PhD Student
Binary_Zen
Message 3 of 7 (1,676 Views)

Did Solution Center work before? or has it always failed from the beginning? I am just wondering if an update caused the problem.

Binary_Zen (worked at HP )

Click the white Kudos star to say thanks
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem
Honor Student
wesstevens
Message 4 of 7 (1,674 Views)

Yes it worked. Not even sure I did an update.
PhD Student
Binary_Zen
Message 5 of 7 (1,657 Views)

I hate to say it but try uninstalling/reinstalling using the software web pack. Let me know if it worked or not.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&lc=en&product=3635378&task=...

Binary_Zen (worked at HP )

Click the white Kudos star to say thanks
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem
Student
lhowell537comc
Message 6 of 7 (86 Views)

How to fix runtime error

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 7 of 7 (67 Views)

Hi there @lhowell537comc , welcome to the forums:smileyhappy:

I saw that you are experiencing a "Runtime Error". Please let me know which printer you are trying to install and if possible, send me a screen shot of the error.

Also include which operating system you are running on your computer and I will do my best to help you out.

Which Windows Operating System am I running?
Mac OS X: How Do I Find Which Mac OS X Version Is on My Computer?

How Do I Find My Model Number?

Have a great day:smileyhappy:

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation