07-24-2013 02:05 PM
I am currenlty configuring an HP 8150 printer with a copy/print accounting software.
in this case it is using SNMP accounting, however when I try to communicate with the printer it keeps giving me a SNMP communication failed error. 4 out of 5 times I try it come back with a fail.
I have double checked the firmware to ensure that it is up to date and it is. The last firmware update release was in 2004.
Anyone has any suggetiions as to what may be cauing this and suggest maybe a fix.
thanks in advance
09-10-2013 08:22 AM
Sorry to hear you are having difficulty with SNMP communication with the 8150.
Just to clarify, can I conclude from "4 out of 5 times" that requests are occasionally succeeding? If that is the case, I think it may be worth looking for an SNMP timeout setting in the accounting software.
If the requests are not timing out, do you know the specific SNMP error that is occurring? Is it a "No Such Name". That issue is more problematic. It suggests that the device does not support the SNMP setting.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS