Scan Button Asks for Disk with DocPro, using WIN XP Home (637 Views)
Top Student
TerryLReed
Message 1 of 1 (637 Views)

Scan Button Asks for Disk with DocPro, using WIN XP Home

I've received three disks from HP, and they don't have a thing in the DocPro folder.  The first disk, which came with the all in one, didnt work at all.  I had to call HP and scream at some supervisor in Mombai to send me an entirely new disk.  He wanted to just upload everything to me - leaving me at the mercy of HP forever!  He did NOT want to send me a replacement disk but I didnt give up ... 30 minutes later I got him to mail me a new disk.  It actually got the machine to print but still ... it would not scan UNLESS I went through the Solution Center, which took forever and which often froze up.  Again, I'd try to use the scan button and would get the same message as before:  Insert disk with DocPro folder .. blah blah blah.  HP sent me a 3rd disk, and after uninstalling everything completely, then AGAIN reinstalling the CD contents, as directed, I was STILL left with a useless scan button that actually cost me time because it will ask for DocPro four times before accepting the cancel you've clicked! 

I'm so sick of this thing.  I loved my other HP and still have it.  I wish I'd just gotten a scanner and kept the old all in one, it even has a fax on it while this newer one does not (and duh me, I didnt even notice: it said ALL IN ONE, I thought it MEANT "all in one" ie, fax, copier, printer, scanner - like their other all in ones!  However, the newer one DOES print photos quite well, if you don't mind the fact that it's a true ink-drinker!  An inkaholic.  Sad, but true.  I can copy the photos to disk, take them down to the local version of Kinko's, and pay far less to have photos printed but I guess that's the norm for photo printers, isnt it?  OR ... is it?  I feel ripped off.

I"m not even sure if this is the ONLY problem because although I've had this 4680 for quite a few months now, I have only been able to actually USE it in the last couple of months!  Nevah again!!!  I'm gonna shop til I drop before I just blindly buy HP again.  And what on earth is that memory hog "Customer Satisfaction' thing?!  I've deleted it with every reinstall.  Who gave HP permission to put that crap on my computer without even a whisper to ME, the owner of said memory/storage space!!!??  DELETE! DELETE! DELETE!  I may end up deleting HP from my life!

"I think, therefore I get into trouble." ~ Treed 1991.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation