07-17-2014 04:14 PM - last edited on 07-22-2014 03:12 PM by george-p
I've been able to setup my email scan from the HP utilities, however, when I go to the all in one device and choose "scan" and then populate email address, I'm getting an error stating it's unable to locate server.
This is odd because I actually received an email stating that my setup was successful.
Can someone please tell me what I may be overlooking.
Lola [edited personal Information by Moderator]
07-18-2014 04:47 PM
Welcome to the HP Forums!
I understand you're unable to scan to email. I will do my best to assist you! First, what type of printer do you have? Click here to find out: Model Number. This printer is connected wireless?
What is your operating system on your computer? Click here to find out.
Please verify this information and I will assist you further. Have a great night!
07-21-2014 02:35 PM
Thank you for this information.
I would recommend trying setting an alternative DNS to see if that resolves the issue:
• Press the wireless icon on the top of the printer screen and locate its IP address.
• Open an internet browser on your computer and type in the printers IP address in there.
• Click the Network tab.
• Under Wireless click on IPv4.
• Under DNS Address Configuration select Manual.
• Set the Preferred address as 220.127.116.11
• Set the Alternate address as 18.104.22.168
• Click Apply twice to confirm the change.
• Turn the printer Off and back On and see if the issue is resolved.
If this doesn't resolve your issue, then you will have to contact HP's Cloud Services for further assistance: 1-855-2777 if you live in the USA/Canada region. If you live outside the USA/Canada region please click here to find out the technical support number.
07-22-2014 03:14 PM
Hi @Pocahontas46 ,
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. I needed to edit your post and remove the personal Information. In accordance with our Rules of Participation:
Protect privacy - yours and others'. Don't share anything about yourself that you would not want to see on a road-side billboard. Don't post contact or other personal information-your own or anyone else's-or any content that you receive in one-to-one communications without the author's consent. For example, don’t post your computer’s serial # or contact information publicly, and do not allow someone you don’t know to remotely take control of your computer.
If you need people to contact you directly, either ask them to send you a private message or subscribe to the thread so you will be notified when there are replies. You may also click on your name anywhere in the forum and you will be taken to your profile page, where you can find a list of threads you have participated in.
Sharing personal email addresses, telephone numbers, and last names is not allowed for your safety. If you have any questions feel free to send me a private message in reply.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS