Question

Top Student
Pocahontas46
Message 1 of 7 (122 Views)

Scan to Email

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I've been able to setup my email scan from the HP utilities, however, when I go to the all in one device and choose "scan" and then populate email address, I'm getting an error stating it's unable to locate server.

This is odd because I actually received an email stating that my setup was successful.

Can someone please tell me what I may be overlooking.

Thanks

Lola [edited personal Information by Moderator]

HP Support Agent
Cheetah12
Message 2 of 7 (100 Views)

Re: Scan to Email

Hello Pocahontas46,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand you're unable to scan to email. I will do my best to assist you! First, what type of printer do you have? Click here to find out: Model Number. This printer is connected wireless?

What is your operating system on your computer? Click here to find out.

Please verify this information and I will assist you further. Have a great night! :smileyhappy:

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

Cheetah12
I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
Pocahontas46
Message 3 of 7 (94 Views)

Hello

I have the HP Laserjet pro 8620

My operating system is windows 7
Top Student
Pocahontas46
Message 4 of 7 (92 Views)

Hello

I have the HP Laserjet pro 8620 and yes, it's connected to wireless.

My operating system is windows 7
HP Support Agent
Cheetah12
Message 5 of 7 (64 Views)

Thank you for this information.

I would recommend trying setting an alternative DNS to see if that resolves the issue:

•    Press the wireless icon on the top of the printer screen and locate its IP address.
•    Open an internet browser on your computer and type in the printers IP address in there.
•    Click the Network tab.
•    Under Wireless click on IPv4.
•    Under DNS Address Configuration select Manual.
•    Set the Preferred address as 8.8.8.8
•    Set the Alternate address as 8.8.4.4
•    Click Apply twice to confirm the change.
•    Turn the printer Off and back On and see if the issue is resolved.

If this doesn't resolve your issue, then you will have to contact HP's Cloud Services for further assistance: 1-855-2777 if you live in the USA/Canada region. If you live outside the USA/Canada region please click here to find out the technical support number.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

Cheetah12
I work on behalf of HP
george-p
Message 6 of 7 (47 Views)

Hi @Pocahontas46 ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. I needed to edit your post and remove the personal Information. In accordance with our Rules of Participation:

Protect privacy - yours and others'. Don't share anything about yourself that you would not want to see on a road-side billboard. Don't post contact or other personal information-your own or anyone else's-or any content that you receive in one-to-one communications without the author's consent. For example, don’t post your computer’s serial # or contact information publicly, and do not allow someone you don’t know to remotely take control of your computer.

If you need people to contact you directly, either ask them to send you a private message or subscribe to the thread so you will be notified when there are replies. You may also click on your name anywhere in the forum and you will be taken to your profile page, where you can find a list of threads you have participated in.

Sharing personal email addresses, telephone numbers, and last names is not allowed for your safety. If you have any questions feel free to send me a private message in reply.

Thank you
George

I work for HP
Top Student
Pocahontas46
Message 7 of 7 (43 Views)

Hi George

Thank you but what type of personal information did I submit?

Please let me know so I can be sure to avoid in future communications

Thx
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation