Question
ScanJet 8250 Windows 7 64-bit Scanning software package
Replies (14)

Honor Student
Ottersan
Message 11 of 15 (3,549 Views)

Re: ScanJet 8250 Windows 7 64-bit Scanning software package

I have the same problem.  I upgraded my PC to Win 7 (64 bit) and now the scanner is slightly better than a paperwight.

Has anyone found a workaround?  (Is anyone from HP listening?)

I will have to buy a new scanner if I can't get a work around -- can anyone recommend one from a company with no affiliation with HP?

Funny coincidence on timing -- I just opened up some new offices: needed a shipment of printers, copiers and digitial senders (for separate networks of multiple classifications).  This negative experience at least allowed me to quickly eliminate one of the providers!  Very happy with the ones we got, but they are too expensive for me to buy for my home office.

Student
90profx
Message 12 of 15 (1,523 Views)

I'm in the same boat as everybody else.............SOL on using my 8250 Scanjet with my new HP 8300/Win 7/64 bit workstation. I bought it thinking there would be no issues..............WRONG !!!!!!!

I too can't figure out why there is no support for this issue, I mean hey, we support HP by buying their products, so a little support for this should be available. I just bought a very expensive workstation that "I EXPECTED" would work with my HP scanner.

Come on HP, cut us some slack and come up with something to make the 8250 work on Win 7 PC's......with all the brain trust you have it shouldn't take much......PLEASE.....................:smileysad:

HP Support Agent
Advance23
Message 13 of 15 (1,504 Views)

Hi,

I am sorry, but to get your issue more exposure I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums since this is a commercial scanjet. You can do this at the Commercial Forum .

I hope this helps.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" by the Reply to say “Thanks” for helping!

~Advance23~
I work on behalf of HP
Student
Roger777
Message 14 of 15 (1,454 Views)

There is no Win-7 driver at the location in your link.  There is a message after clicking through two or three useless pages that no English driver is avaiable for that OS, so please choose a different language or OS.  Brilliant.  That's really helpful.  How about instead of just a thumbs up option, you allow a thumbs down option for really worthless, inaccurate answers.  My 8250 scanner set me back a bundle.  And now HP wants me to dump it because I upgraded to Win7?  I'll buy Fujitsu next time, thank you very much.

Honor Student
CrossGates
Message 15 of 15 (907 Views)

To use a Scanjet 8250 with Windows 7 64 bit, see:  http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?lang=en&cc=us&sp4ts....

It says:  " Windows 7 users can use the Windows Vista full feature software created for this product as a workaround to obtain full feature scanning software functionality. Go to Install Vista scan software on a Windows 7 computer using the Program Compatibility feature in Windo... (c03129972) (in English)."

Follow the instructions closely and you will be able to use your Scanjet 8250  with Windows 7 64-bit.   I've just done this and it works.  I'm really pleased!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation