Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

scanner doesn't work with Deskjet F4100 series.  My printer disappeared when I tried to print a PDF file.  I had to uninstall/reinstall, but now I don't have access to HP Solutions Digital Imaging Monitor It always says "no devices found" and closes.  I have Window Vista 32. I tried to find the ".exe" file, but errors say file cannot be found. The printer works, but the scanner. It shows that I have  Xerox Work Center scanner but the profile shows no filename or resolution.  The properties say the scanner is working properly, but HP solutions can't detect a device.  Help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

I received an update from HP on Sat urday and when I completed the update (took about 3 hours) along w/reinserting the disk that came w/the F4100 all in one, I could finally connect to Solutions Center, and now I can scan. YEA!!! When I turned on my computer the update automatically came up and the restore point from a previous installation attempt.  Thanks so much this means the world to me.  I will also send this message from another person who was helping me.

Moneybags

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

I understand that you are having an issue with the scanner functioning when trying to use or access that feature.  What is the exact model or printer that you own? I would run the HP Print & Scan Dr. because that tool was built to diagnose and fix issues in printers that relate to printing, scanning and connectivity problems. The link that I provided will  give you more information on the tool and what it does and will have a download option on the page. I hope that this helps

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.  I have tried HP Print & Scan DR and I still have the problems.  HP Solution Centers won't even open so I can try other things.  If you here of anything else, please let me know.

Moneybags

HP Recommended

I will need a little more information to help further. Does the printer make a copy? Can you scan from Microsoft paint? What is the exact model of Deskjet F4100 that you own? Thank you. 

HP Recommended

Shirlzz1

Thanks for the response.  I have a HP DeskJet F4100 Series All in one (F4180 so they tell me) and I can't scan and solutions center won't open.  I did get a response from someone else and I appreciated his help, but I spent hours trying to resolve the issue and I still can't Scan.  I  tried all the downloads before reinstalling and I still get Fatal Error..installation was not sucessful.  Fatal Error messages, I hope I got it all right)

2. "E:\hpSetup.exe" "-*Sub" "197260" "/Return" "1" "-wStub" "66"

1. E:\hpzsetup.exe" "Stub" "262856"

HP Recommended
Sorry, I forgot to let you know that yes I can print and make copies, but I don't know what scan from microsoft paint is, and model is DeskJet F4180 all in one
HP Recommended

Thank you for the response. It looks like the installation is corrupt and one would need to perform a complete scrub to remove all portions of the installed package and then reinstall the drivers. Here is a link to a thread that has the complete instructions on how to perform this process. Please note that if you do own an HP computer that on step 11 of those directions one would perform a L3 uninstall instead of the one that is listed. If you find these steps provided by Shane_R helpful, please remember to kudos the author. Best of luck, I hope that this helps. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

I received an update from HP on Sat urday and when I completed the update (took about 3 hours) along w/reinserting the disk that came w/the F4100 all in one, I could finally connect to Solutions Center, and now I can scan. YEA!!! When I turned on my computer the update automatically came up and the restore point from a previous installation attempt.  Thanks so much this means the world to me.  I will also send this message from another person who was helping me.

Moneybags

HP Recommended

Thank you for the response. I am happy to know that you are now able to scan. Happy printing/scanning moneybags! 

HP Recommended

must be a static issue... power down pc and printer... unplug power and router cords for a minute... plug all back in and reboot... i had the same issue for months and this worked

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.