Scanner failure (5488 Views)
Student
Viajero
Message 1 of 7 (5,488 Views)

Scanner failure

I have an HP Officejet 7130 all-in-one.  I frequently get the message "Scanner failure.  Turn power off then on again." when I want to print a document.  I turn the power off, wait half a minute, and turn the power back on.  The message no longer appears, and the  unit prints as it is supposed to do.  This happens nearly every day and is a nuisance.  What should I do?

Viajero

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 7 (5,477 Views)

Re: Scanner failure

Try the steps  shown here.  Solution five may resolve your issue.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Printing/Imaging

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Honor Student
cmdekeijzer
Message 3 of 7 (2,102 Views)

Could you provide a new link please, because this one is not working anymore and I would like to fix my officejet

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 7 (2,095 Views)

The original page is gone, try this one.  If that does not correct the issue please indicate what model scanner or AIO you have, the above page is for the Officeejt 7130.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Honor Student
cmdekeijzer
Message 5 of 7 (1,994 Views)

Yes I do have a 7130, but unfortunately it didn't work. What is now the best option, buy perhaps a new officejet? Thank you for your help

Student
rgdom
Message 6 of 7 (1,308 Views)

Scanner failure message appears.  Is there a lamp or other part I can replace to restore the function?

Student
gobbledegook21
Message 7 of 7 (1,233 Views)

My R65 gives the 'Scanner failure message.  Sometines it prints from a P.C. supply but mostly it just refuses to copy or scan.  What printer component is likely to  be the problem?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation