05-28-2012 07:33 PM
Windows 7, trying to run HP officejet 4500 G510g, my printer use to work for all features but now the scanner will not work. I keep getting extended error message 8, (1,0,-2147221502). I have reloaded and deleted the program 4 times. I have tried using various upgrade fixes but I don't seem to be able to find the right one.
05-29-2012 03:56 PM
Hey there Alanam. Sorry to hear your having trouble. Try running this tool: HP Print & Scan Doctor
Let me know if this helps resolves the issue. If it does not solve the problem post back with any error codes the utility provides and we can go from there.
10-31-2012 02:56 PM
I download the print and scan doctor, at the end of the checking process only the print button was applicable so that was not what I need to get done I wanted a response or troubleshoot the problem for the scanner the printer. The printer runs wireless that's fine. Tried another suggestion from the website to restart my computer unplug the cord that is connected to the printer that didn't not work.Tried the scanner again nothing it keeped saying "No Scan Option" , I am very disappointed this is the first time I had actually tried to use the scanner it is fairly new.
10-31-2012 04:09 PM
What printer is this for and what operating system are you using? Try using this article which covers the issue you are experiencing:
Best of Luck!
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS