Question

Honor Student
alanam
Message 1 of 6 (7,180 Views)

Scanner not working

Windows 7, trying to run HP officejet 4500 G510g, my printer use to work for all features but now the scanner will not work. I keep getting extended error message 8, (1,0,-2147221502). I have reloaded and deleted the program 4 times. I have tried using various upgrade fixes but I don't seem to be able to find the right one.

Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 2 of 6 (7,158 Views)

Re: Scanner not working

Hey there Alanam. Sorry to hear your having trouble. Try running this tool: HP Print & Scan Doctor

Let me know if this helps resolves the issue. If it does not solve the problem post back with any error codes the utility provides and we can go from there.

Thanks

SeanS

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Honor Student
alanam
Message 3 of 6 (7,150 Views)

No, this didn't help. It was what I had already done several times. Thank god for Staples, they are replacing it for me instead.

Student
NaBe1
Message 4 of 6 (6,423 Views)

Hello,

I download the print and scan doctor, at the end of the checking process only the print button was applicable so that was not what I need to get done I wanted a response or troubleshoot the problem for the scanner  the printer. The printer runs wireless that's  fine. Tried another suggestion from the website to restart  my computer unplug the cord that is connected to the printer that didn't not work.Tried the scanner again nothing it keeped saying "No Scan Option" , I am very disappointed this is the first time I had actually tried to use the scanner it is fairly new.

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 5 of 6 (6,420 Views)

Scanner not working

nabe1,

What printer is this for and what operating system are you using? Try using this article which covers the issue you are experiencing:

http://goo.gl/lAf2O

Best of Luck!
You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
Student
kclemson
Message 6 of 6 (4,049 Views)

My HP psc 1210 all-in one scanner stopped working.  I have a Mac.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation