Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet 6310 All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I installed Windows 10 (from a previous W7).
The printer is set up regularly, but in Device Manager does not appear the scanner.
I downloaded the software with updated drivers and I installed it, but the scanner is not recognized.
I tried uninstalling the hardware, uninstalling all software HP and reinstalling, but the problem is always the same.
What can I do ?
Thanks for your help.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hey @Sal58l,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see that since updating your computer to Windows 10 you are no longer able to scan from your HP Officejet 6310 All-in-One Printer as the scan drivers are not recognized. I would like to assist you today with resolving this driver conflict. Thank you for including all of the troubleshooting steps the you have completed prior to reaching out for support. To resolve this conflict, can I please have you follow all of the steps below.

If using a USB Cable connection between your printer and computer, please disconnect that cable now. 

Step 1: Remove Driver:

1. Click on your Start button

ps 1.png

2. Just type Programs and Features. If a search doesn't automatically start, you may need to type Programs and Features in the 'Ask me Anything' box.

3. Click Programs and Features to launch the window.

4. In Programs and Features, a list of programs installed on your computer will populate. Please scroll down the list and look for your HP Officejet. If you see your HP Officejet listed, click it and choose Uninstall.

5. Please follow any onscreen prompts to complete the uninstall. Once the uninstall has completed successfully  please  close Programs and Features.

6. Next, click on your Start menu again

7. This time type Devices

8. Click Devices and Printers to launch the window.

ps 2.png

9. In Devices and Printers look for your HP Officejet. If you see if please right click on it and choose 'Remove' or 'Delete'

10. Once your HP Officejet is no longer showing in Devices and Printers please click on any device under the Printers  list once just to highlight it. Click Print Server Properties at the top

ps 5.png

11. Click on the Drivers tab

12. Look for your HP Officejet driver. If listed, please click on it and choose Remove

13. Select Remove Driver Only

14. Select OK

15. Click Apply and OK under the Print Server Properties window.

16. Close Devices and Printers. Please proceed to the next step.

Step 2: Clear Temp Files:

1. Click on your Start menu

2. Type Run. Click Run to launch the Run dialogue box.

ps 3.png

3. Type %temp% in the Run box and click OK

ps 4.png

4. When the Temp folder opens, select Ctrl + A at the same time on your keyboard. Everything in this folder will now highlight.

5. Select the 'delete' button on your keyboard. The Temp folder contains temporary internet files. No actual files or folders on your computer will be affected by deleting the Temp files. Should a Temp file still be used than you will automatically get the pop up to 'skip' that item.

6. Close the Temp folder once it is emptied

7. Right click the Recycling Bin on your desktop and select Empty Recycling Bin. Please proceed to the next step.

Step 3: Install Device:

1. Please click here to download and install the Full Feature Software and Driver package for your printer
  2. Once the download is complete please follow the onscreen prompts to install your printer
  3. If using a USB Cable connection, avoid plugging in the USB Cable until the installer prompts you to

Once the installation has completed successfully please test scanning.

Please let me know if the steps provided resolve your scan issue. Good luck! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I run all the instructions, but I found some problems, I highlight only these:
Step 1.4
In Programs and Features, the line with HP Photosmart Officejet .... is not deleted after uninstalling the program.
It remains highlighted. If I try a new uninstall and choose the option to uninstall the individual elements into the function HP Photosmart ...., does not reveal any element.
Step 3.1
I did the FTP downloads, but when I run FTP, start the download of software 340 MB.
Unfortunately this download was interrupted 2 times just when it arrived at the end of the download and did not allow me to download the software.
But I installed version 14.8 discharged a few days ago and already installed before calling you for help.
The system found the printer but still does not find the scanner.
Then I also run the HP Print and Scan Doctor, but the result is always the same.
I hope there can be some other possibilities.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hey @Sal58l,

Thanks for getting back to me regarding this issue.

It's odd that you're seeing 'Photosmart Officejet.' The Photosmart and Officejet printers are two completely different product series. You should not being seeing these product names grouped in together. Do you also have a Photosmart printer that you used to use or still use?

For now, it is crucial that we remove every trace of your HP Officejet from your computer so we have a nice clean slate to work with. Can you please follow the steps below one more time to remove your printer driver manually from the computer.

Step 1: Remove Driver:

1. Click on your Start menu

2. Type Devices

3. Click Devices and Printers to launch the window.

ps 2.png

5. In Devices and Printers look for your HP Officejet. If you see if please right click on it and choose 'Remove' or 'Delete'

6. Once your HP Officejet is no longer showing in Devices and Printers please click on any device under the Printers  list once just to highlight it. Click Print Server Properties at the top

ps 5.png

7. Click on the Drivers tab

8. Look for your HP Officejet driver. If listed, please click on it and choose Remove

9. Select Remove Driver Only

10. Select OK

11. Click Apply and OK under the Print Server Properties window.

12. Close Devices and Printers. Please proceed to the next step.

Step 2: Install with Printer Install Wizard:

1. Please click here to download the Printer Install Wizard. This Wizard will search out and install the latest software and driver package for your printer.
  2. Once downloaded please run the Printer Install Wizard to install your printer.

Let me know if the Printer Install Wizard resolves this issue. Should the issue persist, please clarify if you own or ever have owned a Photosmart printer. I look forward to hearing from you! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I followed the instructions.
Unfortunately the result does not change.
I tried several times to uninstall the driver and reinstall it from the Printer Install Wizard, but the download stops.

I tried again with version 14.8, but the result does not change.
I reinstalled the driver through the Windows settings, trying first the drivers provided by Microsoft and a second time the driver provided by HP and found via the Windows Update function provided by the search of drivers in the installation of Windows printers.
But the result does not change.
... I'll keep it that way.

HP Recommended

Scanner not recognized in windows 10, HP Printer/Fax/Scanner

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.