01-02-2014 04:45 PM
Just wanted to add my voice to the numerous problem reports. Specifically:
1) I could scan just fine until I upgraded to Maverick (Mac OS 10.9)
2) to address the problem, I downloaded the latest HP drivers for 10.9-didn't help
3) Tried to use the separate HP Scan application-no luck; couldn't fine the computer (even though I have been printing regularly)
4) Based on the HP problem solution posting (which seems a bit out of date), tried to uninstall the software and reinstall; the uninstall would not complete, although it did delete all of my printers.
It appears that it is finally time to abandon HP for printers, if they can't keep up with Apple's releases.
01-15-2014 01:27 PM
I understand you are having an issue with the scan software working with Mavericks. I can't help you with this. My suggestion is to completely remove all HP software from the computer and reinstall. Follow the instructions below to resolve the issue.
- Open the Applications folder > HP or Hewlett Packard folder > HP Uninstaller
- Click continue, click on one of the printers in the list.
- Hold down Control, Option and Command
- While holding the three buttons down, Click uninstall.
Reset Printing System
Click the Apple icon ( ), and then click System Preferences.
In the Hardware section, click Print & Fax/Scan. The Print & Fax/Scan dialog box opens.
Right-click (or Ctrl +click) in the left panel, and then click Reset printing system…
Click OK to confirm the reset.
Type the correct Name and Password.
Click OK to reset the printing system. The Print & Fax dialog box shows no printer selected
On the Dock, click Applications, and then click Utilities.
Double-click Disk Utility.
Highlight your hard drive/partition on the left (by default this is "Macintosh HD").
Click the Repair Disk Permissions button at the bottom of the window.
Once the repair is complete, restart the computer.
Restart the computer.
Now you will have a fresh start and be able to reinstall the software. Please let me know if this resolves the issue you are experiencing. If it does not, I will gladly follow up.
Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, if you LIKE my post, or to say Thanks for helping!
Please also consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post helped solve your issue, it will help others find a solution.
Sunshyn2005 - I work on behalf of HP