Question

Honor Student
wincrazy
Message 1 of 3 (462 Views)
Accepted Solution

Scanning issues on HP Officejet 4500 G510n-z wireless

I'm about ready to throw this printer/scanner out the door!  I love this scanner but ever since I had to buy a new computer

with windows 8 and no disk driver to install my software  disk, I can't seem to get any of the full reinstall programs from HP  to install the soution center,   and I don't dare hit the " add a device"  since I reinstalled the  full installation app,  my computer wants to keep trying to reinstall app even tho it's already installed .   I have uninstalled, scrubbed and reinstalled and still no solution center.  Hp also states that there is no drivers for solution center  for windows 8.  Is this true?   My scanner is 1 yrs old.  Everything else suggests to use windows fax and scan.  Tried that,  how ever it stinks and It doesn't work right for what i need it to do.  This is the second time I have bought a HP scanner and a year later have problem with the application.  I think I have read every blog you have posted and tried every link so far.  I know what is missing...It's the solution center and I can't seem to find a way to get it back.  I have a ASUS now with windows 8. Please help!   If I have to buy another printer..I will never buy another HP product again.  The ink cartridges alone cost almost 60.00 that's half the price of the printer. Please help.... thanks so much for your time

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 2 of 3 (428 Views)

Re: Scanning issues on HP Officejet 4500 G510n-z wireless

Hi wincrazy,

"There is no drivers for solution center  for windows 8.  Is this true?" No, this is not true and I can help you get the Solution Center.

Please follow the instructions below to completely remove the current 4500 software and then reinstall the full feature software, including the Solution Center.

1. Hold down the Windows Logo key (  ) on the keyboard and the 'R' to open the run box,  type %temp%
  2. Delete all files and folders from the temp folder. Choose skip if any pop ups appear saying any of the files could not be deleted
  3. Download the software and choose to save as, save to desktop > HP Officejet 4500 G510n Full Feature Software and Driver
  4. After the software downloads and extracts, open the temp folder again, use the instructions from step 1.
  5. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)
  6. Open folder Util
  7. Open folder CCC
  8. If you have an HP computer run the L3uninstall.exe. If you have a non-HP computer run the L4uninstall.exe
  9. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer
  10. Follow these steps to reset the registry settings and options for Windows Installer.
    • Click  Start, and then click Run.
    • In the Open box, type msiexec /unreg, and then click OK.
    • Click  Start, and then click Run.
    • In the Open box, type msiexec /regserver, and then click OK
  11. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tool
  12. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads​.html
  13. Restart the computer
  14. Open the download you saved in step 3 to install the software.
  15. If you do not see Solution Center on the desktop, touch the windows key to get to the Start screen
  16. On the Start screen, without clicking on anything, start typing Solution, HP Solution center will appear.

I strongly believe this will resolve the issue, I have followed all of the steps above myself on a Windows 8 computer prior to posting this message. Please let me know if you require additional assistance and or if this does resolve the issue, thanks.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, if you LIKE my post, or to say Thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
wincrazy
Message 3 of 3 (402 Views)

Re: Scanning issues on HP Officejet 4500 G510n-z wireless

I will give this a try, thanks so much!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation