04-26-2012 09:39 AM
Hello, I was wondering how I am able to set up a password for my HP Deskjet 3054 printer. I know it is possible to set up a password for the wireless printing to the printer; but I would like to know if I could set a password up even when the USB cord is plugged into the computer.
04-27-2012 03:56 PM
Not that I know of. You might be able to limit a users ability to printer within the computers operating system. Most operating systems can have multiple users and each user can have rights to different resources on the computer, but the 3054 printer doesn't have a way to limit use by who is on the computer - the computer would need to do that.
Probably not what you wanted to hear. Some high end business printers do support metered use and secure printing, but not the consumer ones.
Thanks for asking the question. These forums are one way HP can learn what the customer wants. Now I know at least one customer wants to limit use of the printer by a password. Great idea.
Sometimes it takes several posts back and forth to get to a solution - please be patient.
I am employed by HP
02-05-2014 02:29 AM
I ENABLED PRINTER PASSWORD. AFTER FEW MIN I TRIED TO CHANGE THE SETTINGS, IT REQUIRES PASSWORD. I HAVE TRIED TO RE-ENTER THE PASSWORD BUT IT HAVE FAILED.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS