Setting a Password for my HP Deskjet Printer (1847 Views)
Student
VictoriaP
Message 1 of 4 (1,847 Views)

Setting a Password for my HP Deskjet Printer

Hello, I was wondering how I am able to set up a password for my HP Deskjet 3054 printer. I know it is possible to set up a password for the wireless printing to the printer; but I would like to know if I could set a password up even when the USB cord is plugged into the computer.

Thanks.

Victoria

Grad Student
TreeFrog
Message 2 of 4 (1,827 Views)

Re: Setting a Password for my HP Deskjet Printer

Not that I know of.  You might be able to limit a users ability to printer within the computers operating system.  Most operating systems can have multiple users and each user can have rights to different resources on the computer, but the 3054 printer doesn't have a way to limit use by who is on the computer - the computer would need to do that.

Probably not what you wanted to hear.  Some high end business printers do support metered use and secure printing, but not the consumer ones.

Thanks for asking the question.  These forums are one way HP can learn what the customer wants.  Now I know at least one customer wants to limit use of the printer by a password.  Great idea.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
I am employed by HP
Honor Student
charity-lxy
Message 3 of 4 (945 Views)

Re: Setting a Password for my HP Deskjet Printer

hello!

I just want to ask how to set passwaord for my printer which is HP Deskjet 2020 series to limits other people from using it ?

Regards,

Charity

Student
CHASKER
Message 4 of 4 (412 Views)

Re: Setting a Password for my HP Deskjet Printer CP1525NW COLOR

I ENABLED PRINTER PASSWORD. AFTER FEW MIN I TRIED TO CHANGE THE SETTINGS, IT REQUIRES PASSWORD. I HAVE TRIED TO RE-ENTER THE PASSWORD BUT IT HAVE FAILED.

CHARLES

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation