01-17-2010 04:41 PM
Bought new HP system (PC, printer and monitor). PC is 6210f running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. Connected printer to network router with ethernet cable. Original CD would not work. Got driver from HP website but it would not install. 4 separate online chat sessions totalling over 8 hours with HP techs. None could get install to work. HP tech on phone and remote assistance got install to work but restart caused PC to crash with dreaded blue screen. Phone tech made me do system restore and set up new user account. Worked while it was kept on but crashed completely again during a restart. I've taken printer back to retailer for credit and they are analyzing PC to see what damage was done.
I want an all in one printer that can work with my wireless network. Connection can be via ethernet or completely wireless. Any suggestions for a reliable unit that will work and not cause my computer to crash?
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS