Smart Web Print drop down menu (14490 Views)
Honor Student
MikeLeL
Message 1 of 11 (14,490 Views)
Accepted Solution

Smart Web Print drop down menu

I recently installed a new AIO.  The HP Officejet 6500 E709n series. I was using IE6 at the time. After I successfullyy installed the software, HP SMART WEB PRINTING worked okay. I then installed IE7 and although the HP SMART SELECT button appears on my command bar, it does so WITHOUT the drop down menu. I can only clip & print 1 item at a time. All other options are missing since there is no drop down menu. Help?
Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 2 of 11 (14,489 Views)

Re: Smart Web Print drop down menu

have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling it? I would try that first.
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Honor Student
MikeLeL
Message 3 of 11 (14,475 Views)

I have deleted the original software and re-installed from HP.com (HP_Smart_Web_Printing_v4.05.exe, (1/1 , 8.7M)), but to no avail. I note that there are three add ons enabled: HP Print Enhanced (hpswp_printenhancer.dll), HP Smart BHO Class (hpswp_BHO.dll), and HP Smart Select (hpswp_BHO.dll).
Top Student
pb777
Message 4 of 11 (13,964 Views)

It is to do with the other toolbars - I read on another forum - and it worked for me - I got rid of the yahoo toolbar - which I never use anyway - through control panel - add or remove programs - then shut down IE 7 and restart it and voila - there is the drop down arrow and now I have the clipboard options and it works a treat.
Honor Student
MikeLeL
Message 5 of 11 (13,951 Views)

Thank You!  I deleted Yahoo Toolbar and Smart Web Print now works as it should.

HP Support had me try at least a half dozen gyrations and each attempt included the uninstall of all HP software & then the reinstall of the HP printer software suite.  I finally gave up.  So kudos to pb777 and thanks again.

Honor Student
ecoplnr
Message 6 of 11 (11,660 Views)

I just downloaded, ran and installed IE8. Everything says that it is installed. However, the blue & green 'leaf' logo is not on the screen. It is behind the right facing arrows towards the upper right. When I open the arrows, there it is, BUT when I click on 'show or hid' it gives me a mesage saying that "HP Smart Web must be updated to run on this browser" - It IS on this browser. PLEASE HELP
Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 7 of 11 (11,649 Views)

Are you running a 64-bit version of Windows?
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Top Student
homeispalosverd
Message 8 of 11 (7,764 Views)

hp web printing NOT compatible with IE 8 64 bit

Student
JetManJR
Message 9 of 11 (6,313 Views)

HP Now has a version update to Smart Web Printing that is compatible with IE 7 and 8:  http://www.hp.com/global/us/en/consumer/digital_photography/free/software/smart-web-printing.html?ju...

Honor Student
bigjenki
Message 10 of 11 (4,811 Views)

:smileyhappy:

had same problem reinstalled smart web prin, it was under the arrows on top right hand side clicked it, its now where it should be on left of browser ie9

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation