Software for 7525 and iMac OS 10.9 (47 Views)
Student
GeorgeK014
Message 1 of 2 (47 Views)

Software for 7525 and iMac OS 10.9

I need to update Mac OS.  Need some of the features in that more current OS.  An even newer version of OS will be available this fall.  

If I install the updated OS (10.9) there is no HP software available at that level.  If I install the printer on my current OS of Mountain Lion, 10.8.5, then I can not upgrade the OS, again because of the lack of software.  

I find it very difficult to believe that HP does not provide drivers and software for an Apple OS that is almost 1 year old.  There must be many people running Apple Mac OS 10.9 today. (07-01-14)  What are others doing?  What should I do?  When will we receive support for current drivers and software for the OS (10.9)?  I would very much like to take advantage of all the functions of the Photosmart 7525 all-in-one but can not without current software.  

HP Support Agent
MissTeriLynn
Message 2 of 2 (25 Views)

Re: Software for 7525 and iMac OS 10.9

Hi GeorgeK014,

Welcome to the HP forums!

Boy am I happy that you came to these forums GeorgeK014! The first thing I did when seeing your post was check for software for your Photosmart 7525 for 10.9, and there definitely is full feature software available :smileyhappy:

It looks like you may have received some bad information on that front, so my apologies that you were under the impression there was no 10.9 software for your printer, but there definitely is! You can download and install the software once you've upgraded to Mac OS X v10.9 by clicking the link below.

HP Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One Printer Full Feature Software and Drivers - OS X 10.9 Mavericks

I realize it says for the PS 7520, but your printer is part of that printer family :smileyhappy:

Hope that helps clear up any confusion and allows you to use all of your devices to their full potential!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, as it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation