Question

Honor Student
PaulMaris
Message 1 of 10 (3,464 Views)

Software for HP OfficeJet 7310 - Windows 7

Hi,

I have a HP Officejet 7310 All-in-One.  When I purchased it, it came with a CD with the software HP ImageZone.  This worked on my HP Desktop with Windows XP.  Now recently I bought a new PC with Windows 7.  I read that ImageZone doesn't work under Windows 7.  I downloaded the adapted software via the HP Site (AIO_CDB_Net_Full_Win_WW_130_141_EN.exe).  When I run this, it installs HP Photosmart Essential 3.5 on the pc.  But when I try to run this software, it just doesn't open.  I already tried reinstalling 3 times, always with the same result.
What can I do to make this work?

Is there other software for the OfficeJet 7310 All-in-One that allows using the officejet for scanning, faxing... and for organising, printing, editing, sharing pics..?

Thanks in advance for useful hints !

Paul

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 10 (3,454 Views)

Re: Software for HP OfficeJet 7310 - Windows 7

HP Solution Center is the replacement shell that provides similar functionality to HP Director that included HP Image Zone.

solution.png

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
PaulMaris
Message 3 of 10 (3,436 Views)

Thanks for your reply !  Where can I find / download HP Solution Center?

Kind regards,

Paul

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 10 (3,418 Views)

This is included in the AIO_CDB_Net_Full_Win_WW_130_141.exe file you downloaded.

It appears your installation may be corrupted, you might try uninstalling the HP software and then reinstalling.  To do a full uninstall first disconnect the printer (if connected by USB).  Next go to the %temp% directory and look for a directory starting with 7z.  This should be the drivers for the Officejet 7310.  In this directory navigate to the util\ccc directory.  Here you would find a series of uninstall_L1.bat to uninstall_L4.bat files.  Run the first three of these in order, uninstall_L1, then uninstall_L2 then uninstall_L3.  Follow the on screen instructions, a reboot of your computer may be required after some of the steps.  Once the uninstall steps have completed then run the installation package.  Do not connect the USB port (if you are using USB) until instructed to by the installer.  In one of the first install screens there should be a screen to accept the choices.  On this screen there is also an underlined link that will allow you to set the programs that will be installed, check the ones you want.

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

Honor Student
PaulMaris
Message 5 of 10 (3,406 Views)

Dear Bob,

thanks a lot for your help.  I proceeded as you explained to uninstall the remaining parts of the software and drivers and succeeded this.
Then I tried to reinstall the software and drivers, but unfortunately, during the install, I got the message that the installer encountered an unexpected error (error code = 2203) and that I should consult the hp support website...  Do you know what this means and how I can avoid this?

By the way :  "In one of the first install screens there should be a screen to accept the choices.  On this screen there is also an underlined link that will allow you to set the programs that will be installed, check the ones you want."  => I didn't get this screen...

Kind regards,

Paul

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 6 of 10 (3,347 Views)

The page I mentioned is shown in the photo below, click on the link highlighted with the arrow and then select which option you want (and do not want).  I just uninstalled and re-installed my Officejet to get the screen shot.

Sorry, I have no idea about the 2203 error.... 

options.png

Honor Student
PaulMaris
Message 7 of 10 (3,324 Views)

Thanks for your reply, dear Bob.
I will first try to find out what the error code 2203 means and how I can fix it.
Then I will try to reinstall the software.

Kind regards,

Paul

Honor Student
kamijoon
Message 8 of 10 (2,385 Views)

Dear Bob,

I worked to find a solutions to install my printer (HP Officejet 7310)on Windows 7 and tried so hard for one week. Nothing worked until I saw your advise here. It worked perfect and your step by step solution was easy to follow.

I would like to thank you very much for your help.

kamijoon
Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 9 of 10 (2,380 Views)

kamijoon wrote:
Dear Bob,

I worked to find a solutions to install my printer (HP Officejet 7310)on Windows 7 and tried so hard for one week. Nothing worked until I saw your advise here. It worked perfect and your step by step solution was easy to follow.

I would like to thank you very much for your help.

kamijoon

You are welcome.  If you have a duplexer with the Officejet 7310 you may need to see this post if the duplexer is not enabled or prints the back side upside down:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Printing-Questions/Vista-Win-7-Duplex-Printing-Troubleshooting-Gu...

Student
bgbrixiii
Message 10 of 10 (2,370 Views)

Hi, 

I found this page that may also help with the installer.  

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c03030583

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation