01-15-2010 08:22 PM
I made another post about it as well but my was/is about being upset about lack of support for my j6480.
So heres where mine stands with the 4600 full pack drivers that have been posted here and other posts have mentioned to use these. Yes its not the 4600 series, but ive been seeing people saying to use this. Well heres my experience and what ive done.
Part 1. With wireless turned "OFF" (turn blue wireless feature off on front of unit)
1. Do the install for usb "accoding to instructions".
2. Plug in usb WHEN IT ASKS from the Full Feature Software,
3. Nothing shows up in the list on next screen per HP's list and it will NOT let you go forward. (windows update will install unit and see it)
Part 2. With wireless turned "OFF" (turn blue wireless feature off on front of unit)
1. Have the J6480 "installed" per windows update
2. Install it per usb from Full Feature Software
3. Check that its "already installed"
4. Nothing shows up on HP's list and it will NOT let you go forward.
Part 3. With wireless turned "ON" (have blue wireless feature on in front of unit),
1. make sure NO printer is installed (but it does show up on network, I even have IP address)
2. Install per wireless "according to instructions"
3. It asks for usb connection when I connect nothing happens (cept for windows update, get the drivers)
4. Again when hitting the screen "NOTHING" shows up. I even put in the IP address of the j6480. HP wont let you go forward.
Part 4. With wireless turned "ON" (have blue wireless feature on in front of unit),
1. Having j6480 installed from windows update and using Wireless (being able to just print ONLY)
2. I install the software, and follow the directions YET AGAIN.
3. I click on "if its already installed" and the screen shows NOTHING and HP software wont let you go forward.
Yes Uninstalled "thoughly" and repeated EACH time for this. It shouldnt even be CLOSE to this HARD to install something. In my years of computers, and rigging things and tweaking things. I am disappointed that something I bought months ago. I cant even use, Let alone have to go through all this to even TRY to get it to work.
My equipment is J6480 / System Windows x64 7
01-15-2010 08:47 PM
I believe you're trying to install the software for the Officejet J4680. I have no idea how this is working for other users. The drivers for the J4680 and the J6480 are different. Besides, during this installation, it will only accept and list any J4600 series printers found on the network, and no other printers.
Instead of this, you could try install the Vista drivers for the J6480 under Vista compatibility mode temporarily until the actual Win 7 drivers are released.
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
09-25-2013 11:47 AM
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS