Question

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 1 of 9 (1,408 Views)
Accepted Solution

Solution Center Icon is Missing

Have you ever found yourself with the HP Solution Center icon missing? The first thing to do is to check if Windows can find it for you. Go into the run field on Windows XP or the search field in Windows Vista or 7.

If successful Windows will display the program and you can open it this way. If you right click on the top icon you can choose to create a shortcut.

If Windows does not find it you can also look in the directory C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP Digital Imaging\Bin and look for the file named hpqdirec.exe and double click it to launch Solution Center.

Search for Solution Center

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 2 of 9 (1,406 Views)

Re: Solution Center Icon is Missing

I hope these instructions help. If Solution Center has gone missing and you can't find it through the methods above let me know in a post below and I will be glad to help.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
Student
FIRPO
Message 3 of 9 (1,360 Views)

HP Solution Center is missing. Had to clear C drive and reload all software, HP Solution Center is now missing. I don't have CD. Printer is working and scan works. Windows Vista 32 bit installed. Don't want to mess up what does work or driver by downloading the HP Solution software. Need advice.

Regents Professor
lions99
Message 4 of 9 (1,357 Views)

@FIRPO, what printer do you have?

Remember if you find any of my post helpful or want to say thanks make sure to click the white star under my name to give me Kudos.

I really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Honor Student
Mirtal
Message 5 of 9 (974 Views)

Hello,

The HP Solution Center is not found anywhere. I found a previous posting where I was instructed to do this: go to 

C: program files (x86) HP - Digital Imaging - Bin   the HP Solution Center icon : hpqdirec     etc.  to install but I cannot find it on the list.  If anyone could help me with this will appreciate it. 

Thanks,

Mirtal

Honor Student
Mirtal
Message 6 of 9 (947 Views)

Hello HP Expert,

I had to re-install the whole system because it stopped working. I have a Windows 7 operating system. I used to find the Solution Center inside the folder with all HP components but is missing. I don't know if I need anything wrong at installation time... the printer only prints but is not connected to the Solution Center to request other commands. I have an HP Officejet 4500 Wireless All-in-One Printer -G510. What can I do to correct this problem?

Thanks a lot!

~Mimi

Intern
AmerEagle
Message 7 of 9 (647 Views)

I have a very similar question, maybe partial answer for Myrtle?    

I've recently switched from XP Home 32-bit,  to Windows 7, 64-Bit, Home Premium, and it only installed  a  BASIC version of my  1310 Series  All in One, no  Scanner and No  "Print Selection" for if  you only want a hilighted  paragraph of a long article.      

Discovered  Solution Center  FRAMEWORK  in   Programs and Features, to be changed or uninstalled.   I don't think it's in  Libraries.    Is   this  what  we're  looking  for, and how to activate  it?  

Would it be safe for me to try that   gc_wOL_ENU_NB psc 1310 Series All in One 

which was actually  for  XP  32-bit?    I guess that was  Full Feature, and I also have my original 2007 Disk, but afraid either of these solutions might erase everything and I might not be able to reinstall.       

Intern
AmerEagle
Message 8 of 9 (643 Views)

Wish  I  could  make  this  come  AFTER my post below.   A  repair  shop  claimed  to  have  installed  a  driver  so  I  could  have  scanning and  selection printing,   Full Feature,  but when I got it home it was not fixed.  They may not have known about the Twain Driver you  suggested earlier, or  maybe  couldn't  find  it.  I  have  low vision,  so  do  you  know  the  exact   link   that  I  need  to  try, Travis?   And  you're  sure,  after  reading  my  earlier  post below  this?   I  did  try to click the Kudo's  thing  before, and was thanked, but I hadn't seen the white star  which may have been  added since  then.    Thanks  again.   

Student
MaxAnri
Message 9 of 9 (100 Views)

Hi,

I hope that you will be ale to help me. When I clicked on "hp solution center" icon the msg says that "The item 'Hpqdirec.exe' that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly. Do you want to delete this shortcut? YES/NO".

I did check the 'Hpqdirec.exe' under C:\Program Files (x86)\hp\Digital Imaging\bin, however this file is not there. Also, I've successfully installed the "HP Photosmart Plus All-in-One Printer series - B209 Full Feature Software and Driver", but it did not resolve this issue. I have Windows 7. All updates are up to date. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation