Question

Intern
Dave49
Message 1 of 32 (5,420 Views)
Accepted Solution

Solution Center and Windows 8.

I upgraded to Windows 8 recently on my HP Omni 27-1054 computer. The solution center stopped working. So I found the HP Printer Install Wizard. The wizard downloaded the required software, uninstalled my old software, and installed the new. It now works. However The Solution Center now only gives me Scan options. There are no Print options. I will attach a screen shot of the Solution Center to show.

Is there any way to get this software to display printing buttons like it did before?

Thanks,

DaveSolution Center.jpg

Intern
Dave49
Message 2 of 32 (5,409 Views)

Re: Solution Center and Windows 8.

Come now. You mean I'm the only one who's ever had this problem, and there is no solution? How about just a suggestion or two? Or just tell me if it's impossible. Thanks very much.

Dave

Regents Professor
AlwaysNeon
Message 3 of 32 (5,354 Views)

Dave, did the new OS come with a new system or did you upgrade an older computer to Win8? If you upgraded without uninstalling and re-installing the driver, then that may have caused the conflict.

I would recommend disconnecting the printer from the computer and uninstalling the software and drivers. Then download the correct driver and software from this website (http://goo.gl/0qNxT) and follow the instructions.

let me know if this helps!
Intern
Dave49
Message 4 of 32 (5,353 Views)

[ Edited ]

I bought an HP Omni 27-1054 that came with Windows 7 preinstalled. I qualified for an upgrade to Windows 8 for $14.99, and so I took it. I chatted with an HP customer support rep and this guy, whose name I cannot pronounce, told me that this is normal due to Windows 8. I was told that The Solution Center will now only give me Scan options, and in order to print, I will have to do that from whatever program has the item I want to print. And this is what he came up with after that didn't make any difference. Sounds bogus to me, but I wanted to know what you guys on this forum think about it. And I was told this after he had me download the correct driver program from HP, and installed it.

Thanks,

Dave

Regents Professor
AlwaysNeon
Message 5 of 32 (5,349 Views)

The HP rep is correct in what he said, because of the change in OS the full features of the Solution Center because of how the new OS works in conjunction with out older software. This may change as the OS is further developed or as our software has greater compatibility with the OS.

Just to be clear though, you installed the software - after - you upgraded to Win8?
Intern
Dave49
Message 6 of 32 (5,348 Views)

The answer to your question is yes. I thank you for the reply.

Regents Professor
AlwaysNeon
Message 7 of 32 (5,344 Views)

In that case, because of the age of the software and how new the OS is, you will have limited access to the features you once did. However, this should not disallow you from using the printer as you normally would.
Student
taylor_taylor
Message 8 of 32 (4,682 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have a HP printer 3310.  I can not print anything. I need help.

I can be reach ata; [Personal Information Removed]

Mr. David Taylor

Honor Student
spurscwby
Message 9 of 32 (4,318 Views)

I have the same problem. Updated to Windows 8 Pro and cannot access HP solution Center

Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 10 of 32 (4,286 Views)

Did you uninstall the software in Windows 7 before upgrading to Windows 8?

Thanks,

Kyle

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation