Question

Student
Andyrey
Message 1 of 4 (95 Views)

Solution Centrd does not work on Windows 8.1

After I upgraded to Windows 8.1 the solution center will not work.  I tried doing the uninstall using the scrubber and reinstall and it did not fix the problem.  What do I do now? 

Distinguished Professor
Cheetah12
Message 2 of 4 (71 Views)

Re: Solution Centrd does not work on Windows 8.1

Hello Andyrey,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand your Solution Center isn't working on your Windows 8.1 computer. I will do my best to assist you! First, I need to find out type of printer do you have? Click here to find out: Model Number.

How is this printer connected? Wireless or USB?

When you try opening the Solution Center what happens? Could you elaborate further on this please. Please verify this information and I will assist you further. Have a great night! :smileyhappy:

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

Cheetah12
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
tinman97030
Message 3 of 4 (67 Views)

I have the same problem also. I have an HP Photosmart Premium C309g-m. I have already tried reinstalling HP Solution Center. I am connected wirelessly. When I open the solution center I get a Compatibility Issue box from windows; if I click on "Get help online", the wheel spins and i get a message that there is not a solution at this time. If I click on "Run the program without getting help", Solution Center opens at the status window and tells me that the printer is disconnected. I did a webscan the other day and that worked. but I have not figured out how to print from my computer yet. I have an HP Pavilion g6 laptop, running Win 8.1, 4 gigs of ram, 750 gig hd.
Distinguished Professor
Cheetah12
Message 4 of 4 (49 Views)

Hello @tinman97030,

I understand your Solution Center is indicating the Photosmart Premium C309G is disconnected. I will do my best to assist you! I would like you to run your computer in compatibility mode to Windows 7, please follow these steps:

1. Right-click on it on the Solution Center desktop icon, and select “Properties”.
2. Go to the “Compatibility” tab, and check the “Run this program in compatibility mode for:” box.
3. Select “Windows 7” when the drop-down list appears. Then click “Apply” and “Ok”.
4. Now, right-click on it and select “Run as Administrator”. Let me know on this post if the Solution Center works or not.

If it doesn't, then please perform a level three uninstall on your computer:

a) On the keyboard, hit the Windows key and "R" key together, then type %temp% and click enter.
b) Locate the correct folder starting with "7z" (the correct folder contains "Util" and "CCC" folders).
c) Open folder "Util".
d) Open folder "CCC".
e) Please run the L3uninstall.bat.
f) When the uninstall has completed, restart the computer.

Once this is complete, perform a clean boot on your computer. Follow this Microsoft document here. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program. Now, you can install the full feature software using the Printer install Wizard.

Please post your results! :smileyhappy:

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

Cheetah12
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation