08-11-2014 07:31 PM
After I upgraded to Windows 8.1 the solution center will not work. I tried doing the uninstall using the scrubber and reinstall and it did not fix the problem. What do I do now?
08-12-2014 07:34 PM
Welcome to the HP Forums!
I understand your Solution Center isn't working on your Windows 8.1 computer. I will do my best to assist you! First, I need to find out type of printer do you have? Click here to find out: Model Number.
How is this printer connected? Wireless or USB?
When you try opening the Solution Center what happens? Could you elaborate further on this please. Please verify this information and I will assist you further. Have a great night!
08-12-2014 08:19 PM
08-13-2014 01:54 PM
I understand your Solution Center is indicating the Photosmart Premium C309G is disconnected. I will do my best to assist you! I would like you to run your computer in compatibility mode to Windows 7, please follow these steps:
1. Right-click on it on the Solution Center desktop icon, and select “Properties”.
2. Go to the “Compatibility” tab, and check the “Run this program in compatibility mode for:” box.
3. Select “Windows 7” when the drop-down list appears. Then click “Apply” and “Ok”.
4. Now, right-click on it and select “Run as Administrator”. Let me know on this post if the Solution Center works or not.
If it doesn't, then please perform a level three uninstall on your computer:
a) On the keyboard, hit the Windows key and "R" key together, then type %temp% and click enter.
b) Locate the correct folder starting with "7z" (the correct folder contains "Util" and "CCC" folders).
c) Open folder "Util".
d) Open folder "CCC".
e) Please run the L3uninstall.bat.
f) When the uninstall has completed, restart the computer.
Once this is complete, perform a clean boot on your computer. Follow this Microsoft document here. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program. Now, you can install the full feature software using the Printer install Wizard.
Please post your results!
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS