Question

Honor Student
strawbs
Message 1 of 6 (151 Views)

Solutions Centre software, Win 7, officejet 6500 E 709n, which Photo software?

My Officejet 6500 E709n was working fine till I upgraded to Windows 7 (32 bit) on a new PC. It's visible on my network and prints ok and I can now see Solutions Centre however I am receiving an error that ' a required component was not found or was improperly installed. Reinstall the Photosmart software that came with the device and try scanning again'.

The software that came on the orignal disk was PhotoEssentials 3.5 which isnt compatible with Win 7 apparently. I have downloaded Photo creations and although that program opens it is not allowing Solutions centre to function so i can scan/print  from it. I can print through Windows but i want to use solutions centre for easy scanning.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Phtoto Creations, also the Print and Scan doctor, nothing. Anyone help??

Distinguished Professor
Cheetah12
Message 2 of 6 (119 Views)

Re: Solutions Centre software, Win 7, officejet 6500 E 709n, which Photo software?

Hello strawbs,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand you're receiving "A required component was not found or was improperly installed". I will do my best to assist you! Please follow this HP document on 'A required software component was not found or was improperly installed' Error Displays on the Comp....

I know this document refers to a different operating system, the steps will be the exact same. Please post your results, as I will be looking forward to hearing from you.

Have a great day! :smileyhappy:

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

Cheetah12
I work on behalf of HP
Master's Graduate
RocketLife
Message 3 of 6 (112 Views)

Re: Solutions Centre software, Win 7, officejet 6500 E 709n, which Photo software?

Hi Strawbs.

HP Photo Creations does not include a scanning function. Can you use Windows Fax and Scan for scanning?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Scan-a-document-or-photo-with-Windows-Fax-and-Scan

Let us know,

RocketLife

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
RocketLife, developer of HP Photo Creations
» Visit the HP Photo Creations Facebook page — news, tips, and inspiration
» See the HP Photo Creations video tours — cool tips in under 2 minutes
» Contact Customer Support — get answers from the experts
Honor Student
strawbs
Message 4 of 6 (104 Views)

Hi RocketLife,

Ok i didnt know that about Photo Creations, that was what was recommended to replace Photo Smart Essentials 3.5.

Yes, i can print and scan using Windows. But i like the ease of scanning with Solutions Centre, is there other software i can use?

thanks for your help

Master's Graduate
RocketLife
Message 5 of 6 (98 Views)

Hi Strawbs.

HP Photo Creations is designed for creative printing and online sharing.

I mentioned Windows Fax & Scan because it comes with Windows; I can't recommend other software, but perhaps someone else here has favorites.

Thank you, 

RocketLife

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
RocketLife, developer of HP Photo Creations
» Visit the HP Photo Creations Facebook page — news, tips, and inspiration
» See the HP Photo Creations video tours — cool tips in under 2 minutes
» Contact Customer Support — get answers from the experts
Honor Student
strawbs
Message 6 of 6 (95 Views)

Thanks for your reply. My issue is that the HP Solution Centre requires some software to replace the Photosmart Essentials 3.5 which came on original disk but isnt compatible with Win 7 I believe. Surely this issue affects thousands of others so there must be an answer?!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation