Question

rsx Honor Student
Honor Student
rsx
Message 1 of 6 (3,898 Views)

Stop Solution Center from Popping Up

I have an all in one c309 Premium Photosmart. It works fine, but the stupid "HP Solution Center" has to pop up on the computer screen after every fax I send to say "Your HP c309a is ready". Honestly, it pops up after every fax I send just to say the printer is ready. It serves no purpose, is really annoying, and as far as I can tell there is no setting available to prevent it from appearing. No box to uncheck, nothing in settings about not appearing after every fax or print job just to say the printer is ready. Does anyone know if HP has a solution to this really, really annoying piece of software?

Student
JosephViel
Message 2 of 6 (3,285 Views)

Re: Stop Solution Center from Popping Up

This may be the same popup that states that the printer has paused because the ink is drying, for every page.  I cannot comprehend the reason for this planned annoyance.

I deleted the file hpqbam08.exe which was described as "HP CUE Alert Popup" by System Mechanic.  Occasionally, the popups come back and I will delete the file again.

Top Student
HermannH
Message 3 of 6 (3,010 Views)

[ Edited ]
Top Student
wrhgwd
Message 4 of 6 (2,994 Views)

If you do not want it to come up go to type misconfig a list of programs will come up take the check out of the program you do not want to start auto Ray

Top Student
wrhgwd
Message 5 of 6 (2,993 Views)

Go to start bar and click on run then find the program you do not want to atart auto and take the check out of it. Ray

Top Student
HermannH
Message 6 of 6 (2,987 Views)

Hi Ray,

sorry, but it's not so easy!

The prozess that's responsible for the sappy popups like print ..., printer cover open or ink cartrige level low is not part of the msconfig list. There is only the HP Digital Imaging Monitor. He starts up the prozess called hpqbam08.exe automatically. When you want to work with HP Digital Monitor like me, you can't remove them from the msconfig list.

There is only one solution: Stop the hpqbam08.exe with the taskmanger in the tasklist. But it's not my intention to stop it by hand always. Therefore I have written a short batch and vbs routine. The vbs routines is part of my autostart like the HP Digital Imaging Monitor and it stops the hpqbam08.exe automatically after the HP Digital Imaging Monitor starts up the hpqbam08.exe.

Best reagards

HermannH

PS Were you come from. I'am from Germany.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation